Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CSE Hybrid Basic] Aqua Wars

Started by 123outerme, August 10, 2015, 01:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

You still need a rom to (legally) use it :P

123outerme

To answer some questions I was not able to answer yesterday:
There already is 3 ship levels, from wooden dinghy to a battleship. Encounters will be ship to ship, and will occur in a separate screen than the overworld. They will not be turn-based, but you will have to reload between cannon shots.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Snektron

That sounds pretty sweet. I think this will be a cool game :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

princetonlion.tibd

How big are the battleship's guns? :P

Are there different sprites for different ships?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Sounds good! I actually think I'm going to need to set up tilemaps for moneywalrus. Are they hard to figure out?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 123outerme on August 13, 2015, 09:17:43 PM
To answer some questions I was not able to answer yesterday:
There already is 3 ship levels, from wooden dinghy to a battleship. Encounters will be ship to ship, and will occur in a separate screen than the overworld. They will not be turn-based, but you will have to reload between cannon shots.
If the game is fantasy-based, you could have more ships like Golden Warship, Crystal, Dark, etc
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on August 14, 2015, 05:28:46 AM
How big are the battleship's guns? :P

Are there different sprites for different ships?
Yes, there are. And as for the ships' guns, there will be more guns on better ships. Like the dinghy will have 2, the metal ship has 3, and the battleship will have 5.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 14, 2015, 01:44:01 PM
If the game is fantasy-based, you could have more ships like Golden Warship, Crystal, Dark, etc
I suppose so. I don't know if I'll add any more ships, but if I do, then the Golden ship sounds cool.

Snektron

A golden would sink very easily and would also be destroyed very easily by enemy cannons due to it's softness.
* Cumred_Snektron slithers hastily away
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

123outerme

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on August 16, 2015, 06:12:20 PM
A golden would sink very easily and would also be destroyed very easily by enemy cannons due to it's softness.
Ehh, whatever. You and your science, you think you can come in and ruin the fun.
Anyway, now that I got my daily sarcasm over with, I added a new screenshot to the OP! Battles have not been fully implemented yet, but that's next on my todo list.
But, here's what I did in case you care:
*Added main menu, and the ability to save
*Added names to all port towns (there are two you might recognize Wink )
*Added submenus for the port towns (so far, you can only fully use the shop menu)
*Changed menu text color
*Added the ability to upgrade your ship and buy repair kits to repair ship damage
*Added features such as rock formations and islands to the overworld
*Other miscellaneous tweaks

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed, but that's probably not the most legal way to do it (and even if you do it anyway it's best to keep it secret) :P.

Thanks for the info 123outerme. I can't wait to give the game a try when finished. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on August 16, 2015, 06:12:20 PM

Hence my suggestion for the Yamato :P
(I hope I don't start an argument about the navy, I know almost nothing:P )
And thanks for answering 123 :)
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 17, 2015, 02:20:35 AM
Indeed, but that's probably not the most legal way to do it (and even if you do it anyway it's best to keep it secret) :P.

Thanks for the info 123outerme. I can't wait to give the game a try when finished. :)
You're welcome. I'm working on battles right now, so once I finish that, I'll be set for another screenshot. When I do finish it, I could release it as an open beta. The only main feature that will be missing is the jobs & morals system, iirc.

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on August 17, 2015, 02:30:01 PM
And thanks for answering 123 :)
You're welcome! I hope to answer as many questions as I can without giving up the fun of the game ;)

princetonlion.tibd

* princetonlion.tibd lost :P

Not giving up the fun of the game with (too many) spoilers? :)

Dream of Omnimaga

An open beta would be nice, but of course it depends if you want the suspense to last longer until completion if it's close to completion already. :P

By the way, will the terrain around the sea/rivers change as you progress?

123outerme

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on August 18, 2015, 12:47:44 AM
Not giving up the fun of the game with (too many) spoilers? :)
No, I think it'd be much better if you'd play the game than look at my posts about it :P

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 18, 2015, 02:29:06 AM
An open beta would be nice, but of course it depends if you want the suspense to last longer until completion if it's close to completion already. :P

By the way, will the terrain around the sea/rivers change as you progress?
I will have an open beta once I get all of the core features implemented. Battling is the only one left I can think of before I will start open beta.
That's another interesting idea! I don't think so, not unless I take the terrain out of the map data and add a terrain generator that loads different terrain based on your progress.