Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nationstates

Started by Turiq, November 04, 2015, 09:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: semiprocoder on February 16, 2016, 03:21:41 PM
They should give like 30 minutes to change your decision instead of doing it instantly. However, I definately dont want to wait half a day just to see the effects of my option.
You can add a confirmation in your settings.

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Turiq

Quote from: ordelore on February 29, 2016, 11:20:06 PM
My region just got raided by DEN, any advice?
Also, all the updates were implemented.

/late, but...
First off, if you can, avoid being in a founderless region. Those are massive security risks, since all of the power rests in the delegacy's hands.
If you absolutely must stay in a region without its founder, there's little you can do. If you, or anyone else in the region, is consistently around at 5 AM/PM, GMT, you can potentially spot newcomers from one of the common jump points, like Nugut or Violet Irises, and eject them. In short, grab an endorsement from someone and appoint yourself and anyone else you trust as security officers. This is far from ideal, though, since timings during tag-raids are usually less than 5 seconds. A minute tops, to de-appoint any officers in the region, after arrival.

If the region does have a founder, the simplest option by far is to remove any and all powers from the delegacy, most importantly the executive. This essentially lowers the risks of invasion to zero. Non-executive regions are rarely hit, but pretty much exclusively to break long-held delegate seats.

Or you could put up a password, which is non-ideal for a variety of reasons that should be pretty clear.

As far as things go, I'm afraid to say that I'm very much on the DEN side of the raiding metagame. It's good fun, and the people are great. Don't judge too much <3
  • Calculators owned: 84+SE, Nspire Cas, Nspire CX, Prizm
*blinks*

princetonlion.tibd

There's a election for General Secretary of the WA now. If one of you runs, I'll change all of my nations' votes and the Region sponsor (or something like that) to you.

I can't run, I don't have enough endorsements.

(But I believe that the communist delegate will win either way)
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

princetonlion.tibd

Bump.

So the Liberated Peoples of Mount Nittany proposed that we merge regions. Should we?

Quote from: The Liberated Peoples of Mount Nittany
The Federation of Uncreative Names, as you are an active member of our community, and our engagement in the international world is dwindling, I believe it would be in the best of both of our interests if our regions merged. If you wish to follow through with this plan, you may come here and will have a guaranteed position in government of your choosing to ensure that your beliefs are represented in our region. In the end the choice is ultimately up to you, however we would love to have you merge with our region to progress both of us forward.

EDIT: I guess I'll merge a few of my nations there.