Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: Juju on December 15, 2015, 03:15:53 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://mc.codewalr.us/
:w00t: hoppin right on (after dinner <_<)

EDIT: We should have it whitelised
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

princetonlion.tibd

I finally have an excuse to play MC :P

I'll be on quite often :)

EDIT: Is Bosaiknet a CW server, or just a survival server?

EDIT 2: That snowball thing scared me :P  Please pardon my immediate response to make a machine gun that fires snowballs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

No bosaik.net is not a CW server it is one of your affiliates

Hehe, secret locked door I have :P

princetonlion.tibd

Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

Shh... I will show you if we meet on the server again ;)

Yuki

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on December 15, 2015, 11:11:51 PM
EDIT 2: That snowball thing scared me :P  Please pardon my immediate response to make a machine gun that fires snowballs.
Was it this thing that kept cluttering my server console? I had to blindly turn off the command block logging so I could do anything.

Also, if you see the server becoming sentient, that was me xD

Meanwhile, the servers runs on vanilla without any mod, so around christmas time, I'll probably implement some select, minimal mods.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

At least this server doesn't appear to lag like 57o9. :P I get disconnected every now and then but not that often.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Heh, netbooks sure are perfect for being used as headless servers, they're comparable to low-end VPSes such as the one we use for CW :P

Hostname: pinkiepie.juju2143.ca
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz (dual-core)
RAM: 1GB (with 2GB swap)
Attached storage: 160 GB (actually the Linux partition is about 64 GB and there's a Windows besides it I never use, and I have my 3TB storage drive attached to it)
Internet: 60 Mbit/s link

The only thing running on it is pretty much Minecraft (who only takes like 60% of RAM, I'm planning to switch to a more performant server), Eggdrop and whatever needed to keep a Linux OS alive.

EDIT: The MC server has 2 cores rated at 2659.87 bogomips while the CW server has only one core rated at 4800 bogomips. So yeah it's pretty comparable.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: Juju on December 17, 2015, 12:01:43 AM
Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on December 15, 2015, 11:11:51 PM
Was it this thing that kept cluttering my server console? I had to blindly turn off the command block logging so I could do anything.

Also, if you see the server becoming sentient, that was me xD

Meanwhile, the servers runs on vanilla without any mod, so around christmas time, I'll probably implement some select, minimal mods.
No, it was Iovah's command block script :P

I would request the Lord of the Rings mod, but it's pretty big :P

alexgt

Use plugins not mods, then no one would have to install anything. And when 1.9 rols out you can use command block mods because the new command blocks don't cause lag ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way I didn't know this existed O.O

http://mc.codewalr.us/map/#/1314/64/394/-2/0/0

I know Cemetech has a map but ours is isometric. And it has Google logo on it so I was wondering how you generated it. That said, it's not updated in real-time, since the boarded-up house, the well trap and the Nokia 3310 hole are missing from it, and the golden thing is still incomplete, but it's still cool if people wants to see what has been built so far.

Btw @Juju is there a way to prevent people from modifying parts of our stuff, such as my houses?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

We could make it whitelisted so only trusted members could go on. And wow that is a cool map O.O

Yuki

Right now, the map is generated about daily with Minecraft Overviewer, which use Google Maps. As I said, I'm looking for installing some plugins once I have time.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

alexgt

Ok, I am glad you are using plugins instead of mods :) what do you plan on?

Ivoah

Quote from: Juju on December 17, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
Right now, the map is generated about daily with Minecraft Overviewer, which use Google Maps. As I said, I'm looking for installing some plugins once I have time.

I'd suggest using dynmap, it's super easy and nice. Also, you should change the server icon to walrii https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/how-to-add-a-server-icon-to-your-server-1-7-1-8.6564/ (this works for any server, not just spigot)
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE