Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Android] TwoStep - The challenging puzzle game!

Started by DarkestEx, February 12, 2015, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

To all Walrusses :walrii: out there.
We are porting our calculator game TwoStep to Android (in the future)

Special thanks go to
@AliceIsDead, because of making awesome textures and animations for the game.
@DJ Omnimaga, for donating some of his great music to the game.
@soelchf, for donating the Google Play registration fee.
@CKH4, for testing the app.

Cumred_Snektron can help, if he wants. He just needs to PM me.

Technical
We are using libgdx, IntelliJ Idea and a Motorola Moto G2 for debugging.
I set up multiple gradle scripts and a crosscompiler to release to the different platforms.

Progress
Complete rewrite pending...

Availability
The game will be available for all platforms from my homepage and for Android aswell from Google Play.

Price
The game will be free. Maybe there will be some ads in the Android version some day, but nothing is planned by now.

Levels
Theoretically users could make levels by their own and share the via bluetooth or the internet, but not right now.
There will be levelpacks embedded.

Scoreboard
I guess I will connect it to Google Play's stats service. Or create my own stats service.

Screenshots
Android version:

Betatesting download
Download the Android version here.

This project is ON HOLD!

Keep checking out this thread, as it will keep you updated.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as the calculator version also remains alive I don't mind actually :P

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Of course will the calculator version allways be the most important for me, but as my friends think the games makes real fun, we decided to make an app too, when the most of the calculator functions are tested and made. We will keep both project alive :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool to hear. By the way, does he ever plan to sign up on CodeWalrus, Cemetech and Omnimaga?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Yes, he (soelchf) wants to sign up soon here and on Cemetech.
So he will join in the next days :)

Snektron

I can make android apps! Any change i could join the project?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DarkestEx

Sure if you want to. We do need every help possible :)

Snektron

Great! I will look more into it this weekend, since im learning for my physics test atm

DarkestEx

Good luck with your test.
I wrote french today. And I wasn't really good  >:(
(even with a little cheating)

Dream of Omnimaga

Just make sure that if you work as a team that everyone backup their progress on Github or something regularly so everyone has access to the code, resources and graphics. In the past, many TI team projects died because one developer suddenly vanished off the face of the Earth.

Quote from: DarkestEx on February 12, 2015, 08:47:38 PM
I would actually discourage doing such thing. Better study more so you can actually improve (although with languages it can be hard to remember so much stuff, especially written French, which is a nightmare to learn to write even as native French-speaking person.

Snektron

Don't worry i'm not the cheating type. And we have our 'binas' which is like a physics, math, biology and chemistry bible we can use on the test. It contains all formulas we have to know :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 13, 2015, 07:31:52 AM
Better study more so you can actually improve (although with languages it can be hard to remember so much stuff, especially written French, which is a nightmare to learn to write even as native French-speaking person.

As a native French, DJ, you made my day. :D
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 13, 2015, 07:31:52 AM
Quote from: DarkestEx on February 12, 2015, 08:47:38 PM
I would actually discourage doing such thing. Better study more so you can actually improve (although with languages it can be hard to remember so much stuff, especially written French, which is a nightmare to learn to write even as native French-speaking person.

Oh. I'm normally never cheating. But in this case, I wrote two primary subject tests within two days and I came home from school very late the day before. I learned all the time when I came home, but the in the test, I forgot some words and my pal helped me with them.
I did'nt knew about the french test, as I was sick for 1 1/2 weeks and just got told about it on Tuesday.
So don't be too disappointed about me  :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Ahh I see. Just be careful to not get carried away and get the habit of using this trick in the future, though. Some habits are like drugs. :P

Sorry to hear you were sick, though >.<