Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What instruments do you play/have you played?

Started by Vijfhoek, December 06, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

We have a grand piano from like 1920, i don't have any pictures of it and it's currently being restorated.
I can't play it though since i'm not really interested in learning to play an instrument
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah aeTIos and Vijfhoek those are really nice-looking guitars! O.O

Also Vijfhoek do you know how old is that piano? It seems pretty ancient from the pic.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Vijfhoek

CKH4

It looked nice but looking nice and being nice aren't always the same.

Edit.
They aren't very rare and its been painted at least once, I read that they were only painted black. Cool piano anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

Nice Stratocaster aeTIos.

Also Vijfhoek, what is this guitar ? It looks pretty original. :P

I should male a photo of my LP.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on February 12, 2015, 08:22:32 AM
I should male a photo of my LP.
^This. I and other staff saw some pic a long while ago but I don't think you showed anyone else here D:

Also you and aeTIos should try to plug your guitars to the computer and record directly so we can hear how they really sound :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Vijfhoek

Quote from: CKH4 on February 10, 2015, 06:39:58 PM
They aren't very rare and its been painted at least once, I read that they were only painted black. Cool piano anyway.
Yeah, the previous owner painted it white.

It's the Jackson Kelly KE3, which is based on the Fender Explorer. Marty Friedman (who was in Megadeth for a while) is known for playing on Kellys.

Caleb Hansberry

Hi... I play a little guitar. I borrow a cheap Yamaha from my father to practice on, and my brother has an even cheaper BGuitars electric guitar that I can use - but it lacks any pedal, they're too expensive. I'm able to play, like, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star atm  :P

I have messed around with computer generated music using LMMS and a Theramin app which works real well, theramins are cool. My brother plays some keyboard, violin, nose flute, and built a small synth board he makes weird noises with sometimes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Vijfhoek on February 12, 2015, 07:27:00 PM

I would probably be tempted to put paint stripper on the piano if I got one like this then varnish the hell out of it so that it can recover its wood finish. But again, we never know in which condition the piano was before it was painted, so it could be a risky move resulting in having to paint it again (although I guess painting it black would still give a good result).

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on February 13, 2015, 07:34:16 PM
Hi... I play a little guitar. I borrow a cheap Yamaha from my father to practice on, and my brother has an even cheaper BGuitars electric guitar that I can use - but it lacks any pedal, they're too expensive. I'm able to play, like, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star atm  :P

I have messed around with computer generated music using LMMS and a Theramin app which works real well, theramins are cool. My brother plays some keyboard, violin, nose flute, and built a small synth board he makes weird noises with sometimes.
Nice to see you again. Also nice to see another guitar player around. :D

(If this section ever hits 1000 posts I wonder if it would be best to split it so that there is a section for musical instruments?) :P

aetios

Quote from: Vijfhoek on February 12, 2015, 07:27:00 PM

It's the Jackson Kelly KE3, which is based on the Fender Explorer. Marty Friedman (who was in Megadeth for a while) is known for playing on Kellys.
Did some research and you're wrong :P It's not based on the Fender, but on the Gibson Explorer (Fender Explorer doesn't even exist :P)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Vijfhoek

Woops indeed, confused the two (sorry Fender fans, sorry Gibson fans D: )

Dream of Omnimaga

c4ooo

I have been playing guitar on and off for about four years. I am not exceptionally good because, as i said, i have have times where i play for like every day for a month, and times when i never pick up my guitar for months at a stretch :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I heard that guitar requires regular practice in order to be good, like everyday. Also I wonder if it's true that if you start learning guitar too late (eg at 29 years old) then you stand no chance at ever being good? I know that learning is harder when we are older but I was curious if it was true for guitar.

SiphonicSugar

I play everything in percussion, and I am first chair in the best band in our school, which is better than a lot of high school bands... according to the director.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P