Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Porting Give Up!!!

Started by caleb1997, February 17, 2016, 04:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

It depends of the license of course. Just because someone releases the source of his programs doesn't mean you can do anything with it. But I bet he wouldn't mind if credited properly. I hope you can find time to do so, though :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 19, 2016, 08:00:44 AM
It depends of the license of course. Just because someone releases the source of his programs doesn't mean you can do anything with it. But I bet he wouldn't mind if credited properly. I hope you can find time to do so, though :)
He can always check TI-Planet, which asks you to put it under a license when you post. Then he can know if he can start.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Wow, I've only gotten to Stage 30 before giving up. Apparently I was close to the end though...if only my computer weren't so laggy :P .

The original is fun! It reminds me vaguely of This is the Only Level (and coincidentally, it had the same developer, jtmb02 ;) ). How's progress on an actual port? I'm not seeing anything yet.

*cough* subliminal advertising *cough*

Dudeman313

I'm also awaiting progress!
What's up, @caleb1997 ?
The answer is "Sure."

caleb1997

Unfortunately, because of Job Corps, I won't be able to continue with this, as I will not have the time to learn ASM and do well at Job Corps.

:'(

If you can access it, the Why Your Life Sucks thread in safe haven has a more complete explanation.
  • Calculators owned: CSE, CE

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear. I can understand, though. Most people who went at Job Corps didn't have much free time anymore. I hope you can stick around and do some coding every once in a while, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

That's unfortunate.
If you know a bit of TI-Basic, maybe if you find time, you might be able to use the source of that pure Basic This is the Only Level project on Cemetech, and then add some ASM libs, maybe.
The answer is "Sure."