* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: X3D - A 3D engine for TI68k & Nspire Calculators  (Read 36703 times)

Offline catastropher

• Full User
  • Safe-haven access
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-0
    • catastropher
If anyone would like to give it a try, I have X3D rendering the first level of Quake on the Nspire CX between 10 and 20 fps :D To get it working on the calculator, download the zip here, extract it, and send all of the files to your calculator. Depending on your version of Ndless, either run xtest.tns (newer versions) or xtest.prg.tns (older versions). When you start xtest, it will say "no level loaded". To fix this:
  • Open the dev console by pressing 9
  • Run the command "map e1m1"
  • Wait a couple of seconds because it's a multi-megabyte file
  • Enjoy!
Keys:
  • Forward/backward: 7/4
  • Look around: arrow keys
  • Quit: Esc
  • Open/close dev console: 9
  • Autocomplete in the console: tab (hitting twice lists options)
Notes:
  • If you're outside the level, it will render in red wireframe. It will switch to textured mode automatically when inside the level.
  • If it crashes, the engine produces engine.log, so please send this to me as well as any steps I can take to reproduce the crash. Thanks!
  • Don't run any of the other console commands other than map (they're experimental)
  • Current leaf tells you where you are in the BSP tree and visible leaves tells you how many leaves are potentially visible from where you are
  • The textures wobble a bit as you move - currently working on this
Please let me know how testing goes and thanks for giving it a try! Also, @Legimet  thanks, I'll fix this when I get the chance!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Offline catastropher

• Full User
  • Safe-haven access
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-0
    • catastropher
X3D now has lighting! Here's a screenshot:

(click to show/hide)

If you'd like to give it a try, here's the download link!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Offline matrefeytontias

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +5/-1
  • Axe metalhead of vengence
    • @matrefeytontias
    • matrefeytontias
    • matrefeytontias
That looks so cool o/ keep it up !
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games