If anyone would like to give it a try, I have X3D rendering the first level of Quake on the Nspire CX between 10 and 20 fps
To get it working on the calculator, download the zip here
, extract it, and send all of the files to your calculator. Depending on your version of Ndless, either run xtest.tns (newer versions) or xtest.prg.tns (older versions). When you start xtest, it will say "no level loaded". To fix this:
- Open the dev console by pressing 9
- Run the command "map e1m1"
- Wait a couple of seconds because it's a multi-megabyte file
- Forward/backward: 7/4
- Look around: arrow keys
- Quit: Esc
- Open/close dev console: 9
- Autocomplete in the console: tab (hitting twice lists options)
- If you're outside the level, it will render in red wireframe. It will switch to textured mode automatically when inside the level.
- If it crashes, the engine produces engine.log, so please send this to me as well as any steps I can take to reproduce the crash. Thanks!
- Don't run any of the other console commands other than map (they're experimental)
- Current leaf tells you where you are in the BSP tree and visible leaves tells you how many leaves are potentially visible from where you are
- The textures wobble a bit as you move - currently working on this
Please let me know how testing goes and thanks for giving it a try! Also, @Legimet
thanks, I'll fix this when I get the chance!