Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zarmina

Started by Yuki, August 24, 2016, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

"500 Internal Server Error" on chrome.

Yuki

I suspect the Accept-Language header, I've added additional checks about it, it should work now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Yuki

Status update: The State of Zarmina

Well, I did a rant about it yesterday on Twitter, so figured I would update on here to. So yeah, over the last year I thought I'd be able to draw something regularly for this webcomic, but I've only been able to draw 6 pages, and even then it's generally terrible. Everything else checks out, but for the drawing side, I block. Well, at the same time, a lot of stuff happened, so I lost quite a bit of motivation on that, so the other day I attempted to draw a page 7, drew a few lines and I blocked. So, I think I'm going to put Zarmina on the ice for the time being until I get better at it, and even then, the first 6 pages will probably be remade. And, of course, I'll keep it up until then.

But, fret not, there's a good side. I just thought of another project (might or might not be related), it will probably only be in French this time, but it's going to be pretty cool. It's probably going to be closer to Zarmina as I thought it before it was going to be a webcomic, I'll keep you updated on that if it works out and I'm going to write about it over the next few days.

EDIT: @xlibman confirmed for the soundtrack.

On that, happy holidays!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Still haven't forgot about Zarmina. Been thinking of it in the back of my head for a while now. As I said, it's going to be rewritten from scratch in a proper visual novel engine, with brand new graphics and it's going to be released in one block, or at least by chapters. Working on it on and off together with my day job, but I'll eventually go through it. Wish me luck.

The script has enough material written for a Chapter 1 (I'm going to write more of it when the next few steps will go well, right now I have about 15 pages plus a few notes on what's going on next), I'm currently working on the character designs in Adobe Illustrator (you can see the first one above, other artists drew her as well) and I'm going to tackle the storyboards next. The idea is to complete a demo of the first chapter before going forward with the rest of the story. Probably going to be episodic, actually.

Anyway, it's in active development right now, wanted to show you what's going on. You can follow development here, support it (and this website) on Patreon and I think I'm even going to stream things on Picarto, so stay tuned, I'll keep you updated.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Small update here! While making it as a VN would be pretty cool, I recently realized writing a simple novel would let me write way more details about the story and not be limited by the format of a script or anything. Plus, the whole drawing part don't motivate me as much, so yeah, I'm going to start writing it in a format where I won't worry about it for now. So instead I'm working on it as a novel from now on, but it doesn't mean I can't adapt it as a VN or even pitch it to some animation studio if I want (I can dream :P), far from it. You can definitely still see character designs from me in the future, too.

As for now, the chapter I already wrote is currently getting rewritten, expanding it into at least 4 or 5 chapters with way more details and way more novelization than as a script for a VN or a podcast, I guess I can post some of them soon.

So yeah. The project changed quite a lot over the years, but it's getting pretty cool so far and I like it. Coming soon on your e-book thing, I guess.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

rowan_futurerave

Ok @Juju I just read chapter one and it is great - really good. Actually quite gripping in fact. So well done.

Are you still going to be use music for the project at all? Maybe a different tune playing quietly in the background for each page? If so, feel free to use those of mine that you already have, PLUS I have made a few more lately, check out http://futurerave.uk/songs.php

The bottom 6 are ones I just put on there.

Ok  8)

And if you want more in a certain style, just ask.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus CE-T, CASIO fx-CG50

Yuki

Thanks!

Well, I kinda ditched the background songs, but it might be a pretty nice idea to bring them back, actually. I also plan to bring art back to a point, too. I'll ask you for music for sure if I need.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

rowan_futurerave

Ok cool @Juju , feel free to ask for specific styles or anything, as long as its ambient in theme I seem to make fairly ok stuff, would be a pleasure!  :)

_iPhoenix_

I might as well plug my stuff if this is how we are doing it ;)

<plug>
I also do ambient tracks, like this, this, this, this, and (technically) this.

You can use any of this, and if you want anything custom it's free and done within a reasonable timespan.

</plug>

• Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

rowan_futurerave

Yeah IPhoenix is quite good actually. Hi IPhoenix !! woot woot!!

Yuki

Ah, for sure, I'll definitely look into this.

Fun fact: I also thought of other ideas for fictions I'd write and I'd also host on Zarmina when I'll have some time for those, thought you might want to hear about it.

Yuki no Eien: It's some idea I had long ago and I wrote a chapter already (read it in French!) about unicorn girls, designed to expand on the backstory of one of my OCs and a friend's. Kinda like Equestria Girls x Harry Potter x your average fantasy anime in a school setting. Could be fun to write.

Mystery Computer Club (working title): This one would probably be worthy of a thread of its own right. Some sort of game/interactive fiction idea I got this morning involving computers. I'm gonna write about this later in a new thread.

So yeah. I have quite a bunch of projects running right now and those might as well be the next few ones once I'll have some time for new ones.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

rowan_futurerave

The second one needs expanding on imo....  :thumbsup: