Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CWick#1] iv.bat ~ Invalidating itself since 2015

Started by brentmaas, September 24, 2015, 07:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentmaas

First topic I've seen so far...

Quote from: iv.bat ~ README.txtiv.bat is made to be precisely 140 B and will, when run, check if it's 140 B.
If it is, it will write 'qq' at the end of the file, therefore becoming more that 140 B, break the filesize limit and invalidate itself.
When run again with the invalid version, it will tell you it's no longer a valid entry.
Lel I glitched Omni

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Nice idea :)
Are you actually allowed to release the program before it gets judged?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 24, 2015, 08:27:03 PM
So what is 140? The readme or the program? :P
The program is, but only if it hasn't had a single run yet :P.

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on September 24, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
With 4x3, you weren't allowed to release source or binaries until after the contest was over. It would make sense to continue this rule.
Lel I glitched Omni

Yuki

Quote from: brentmaas on September 24, 2015, 08:51:26 PM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on September 24, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
With 4x3, you weren't allowed to release source or binaries until after the contest was over. It would make sense to continue this rule.
It does make sense.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Juju, you should maybe put the rules in the thread so people how to submit their stuff and what to and what not to do.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

How am I supposed to run this by the way? It tells me the file is invalid for the contest when I double-click it.

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 06, 2015, 12:41:18 AM
How am I supposed to run this by the way? It tells me the file is invalid for the contest when I double-click it.
That means you've run it at least once and it's now 142B in stead of 140B
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

p4nix

Can't you deinvalidate it opening it in a text editor or something? :o
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Yuki

Of course, you have to remove the last 2 bytes manually and you're good to go. The point here is that this script is self-modifying, so it's not the same output when you run it twice.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

p4nix

I thought that, that's why I wondered why DJ Omnimaga redownloaded it.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN