Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mincraft [Android]

Started by tr1p1ea, June 30, 2015, 12:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tr1p1ea

I guess the problem is that the characters are actually 3D (not animated sprites) - so the legs are actually 3D and move forward and back on their own ... similar to what happens in minecraft.

I havent had much time to work on this recently, but i will try to make another mob to show you what i mean.

Also question: Should I keep the existing basic textures or draw more traditional looking ones?

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it possible with 3D to make the legs move instantly then stop moving entirely for 0.33 seconds for each pose?

As for the textures, an idea I had in mind was to do it like Sonic (checkerboard). Just as long as it doesn't look too close to Minecraft. It could either be simpler or completely HD. I personally like the textures in the last video.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Me too, I liked those textures.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I would stick with the textures you have now ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

@tr1p1ea how have the recent optimizations been going by the way? I doN,t exactly remember everything because many posts got lost but I remember that you had some performance issues and were trying to track down the culprits.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Hopefully everything is working out, I really like this idea :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???