Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

UtilPack/ UtilComp [hp prime][lib]

Started by alexgt, June 20, 2015, 11:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

This is UtilPack and UtilComp (I will post a download tomorrow). UtilPack is a lib for the HP Prime! Right now it has three functions:
[spoiler=Functions]GETTIME(); returns the time in a list: {H,M,S}
GETDATE(); returns the date in a list: {Y,M,D}
RUNPROG(Prog); runs Prog (but has the same limitation as SIFS right now (it cannot run programs with arguments in the main function :())[/spoiler]

UtilComp will be a UtilPack compiler so when you release the program/ game to the public the user won't have to have UtilPack on their calc.
NOTE: if you have UtilPack on your calc and you are a developer you don't need to compile it because it uses the functions right out of UtilPack ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

So is UtilPack kind of like a third party library?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Seems very nice. I am curious if eventually this could be developed into some sort of library for use by HP PPL programmers to make it easier to program games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Would definitely be awesome :D also we still need a cross compiled language that supports TI 84 +/ CSE / CE and HP Prime too <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 20, 2015, 11:41:17 PM
So is UtilPack kind of like a third party library?
Yup.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 21, 2015, 04:12:51 AM
Seems very nice. I am curious if eventually this could be developed into some sort of library for use by HP PPL programmers to make it easier to program games.
Yeah, that would be awesome! Also anyone can make a Utility for UtilPack, or if you have an idea just post it here and I will try to make it work ;)

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 21, 2015, 04:18:24 PM
Would definitely be awesome :D also we still need a cross compiled language that supports TI 84 +/ CSE / CE and HP Prime too <_<
If only.......

EDIT: Here is a download :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I'll try this soon :) Sorry for not checking sooner, I was quite busy and had lots of posts to catch up on. D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Meh, all it does right now is tell you the date and time and execute programs semi reliably :P

the real coolness is when I get UtilComp working where it will replace all of the GETTIME(); with the actual code to get the time inside the program O.O

Snektron

Sounds cool :D
You should add more functions too :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 25, 2015, 03:12:06 PM
Sounds cool :D
You should add more functions too :P
I am kind of out of ideas (not that I have really been thinking about it)
I came up with the idea to make this when I got into getting the time (turns out it is allot more complicated than I thought) so I wanted it to be available to anybody :)
Also as I add features to SIFS I am going to add more stuff to this because SIFS is pretty much a UtilPack with a GUI and UtilPack is for easy neat coding :)

Also if anybody has ideas I will add them to UtilPack :)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 25, 2015, 12:37:11 AM
Ok I'll try this soon :) Sorry for not checking sooner, I was quite busy and had lots of posts to catch up on. D:

Catching up on posts oh boy! :P

So will this Lib be included in Sifs?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I think a scrolling tilemap routine (that supports actual tilemaps, not just scrolling through a very large pic) would be nice.

Unicorn

Would creating random tilemaps be feasible? IE a floppy bird thing? RAndom pipe lengths?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Perhaps not specific to Flappy Bird, but I think random maze generation would not be too slow in HP PPL if coded properly.

Unicorn

Hmm, that woul be nice. (my mind emediatly went to drawing a maze on the CSE's graphscreen ) :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

:w00t: UPDATE! :w00t:
- Added TWAIT(Duration) Function that waits duration milliseconds :)

This is much better than the WAIT() command because the wait command goes down to 0.0001 (at times I needed a shorter wait believe it or not :P)