Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Librecalc is dead D:

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 17, 2015, 03:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Yeah, what if theres a walriipocalypse, there wont be any modern tools then :P :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Do you think this is the face of mercy? Walruses will take over the world. Prepare yourselves.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

will probably be the evil villain :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Oh yess I will.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, noble bringer of DOOOOOOOM

novenary

Rofl Eiyeron. Futurama is always awesome.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Futurama is the best, you can't deny it and you know it.

Snektron

novenary

I know it and can't deny it. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 19, 2015, 03:32:46 PM
This problem is a reflect of our society : we should be able to think by ourselves without any tools, that's why they're forbidding anything else than a calc. The calc is only for solving complex operations (we aren't going to calculate arcsine anymore, that would be stupid and pretty hard) but we should be able to think of the reasonning without having some sort of crutch that could give it for you.
Yeah, that's the issue. Some people are just too lazy to learn in school so they only rely on cheating in order to not fail any class. But instead of blocking everything calc companies should just block the exam mode much harder.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

alexgt

Sad days will come when my teachers start to know about calc programing :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, it'll be a bkeak era where you will be forbidden to approach any of these! :p
Jokes aside, I only used one or two things around the net, the rest was mine (Nspire takes some time to get his hands on actually)

Snektron

The only program i didn't make on my calc is Axagon :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I myself coded games during exams... well actually after, but I mean it was done inside the exam class. I of course finished my exam first but often we were not allowed to leave until 70% of the elapsed time so we could do whatever we want in the classroom. :P Good thing we didn't have exam mode back then (most people had the TI-80, 82 and 83+ and I had both a 83+ and 83+SE)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I wish that they'd let us use our calcs after the big tests but they make us put everything away. Often after the math tests that I have when other people take out their phones I take out my calculator. For some reason it really annoys my friends when I take out my calculator instead of my phone.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+