Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hobbies/ where are your calcs?

Started by alexgt, March 25, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Is it really that bad where you live? The only thing that gets stolen here are some unattended phone's, but i haven't heard of someone
getting robbed. and if they did they wouldn't want your calc, i mean everyone has a smartphone now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

That is why I have mine in my front left pocket :P

And I sadly have no phone :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

alexgt

Yeah I am in eighth grade so I am on the border of my parents letting me and not but anyways I really don't mind :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 26, 2015, 08:24:20 PM
Is it really that bad where you live? The only thing that gets stolen here are some unattended phone's, but i haven't heard of someone
getting robbed. and if they did they wouldn't want your calc, i mean everyone has a smartphone now.
In schools yes. Otherwise it's not close to that bad. I can wander alone at night safely for the most part.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 26, 2015, 08:05:58 PM
You bring 4 calcs at school? O.O Over here the max I brought there was 2 and even then I tried to make sure as few people as possible know in case it gives incentives for attacking me to rob them from me or something.

I used to bring 3, but it got a bit heavy for me :P

Quote from: alexgt on March 26, 2015, 08:45:15 PM
Yeah I am in eighth grade so I am on the border of my parents letting me and not but anyways I really don't mind :P
I have a phone with no SD card, and I use it as a chess clock :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

Lol (I would use my calc because I carry it around)

Frost Sheridan

I dabble with electronics and such. I also mess around with making music (never really got anywhere though).

alexgt

I would like to get into electronics but when I start I say grrrr its not working lets go play with redstone in Minecraft :P

Dream of Omnimaga

The issue with electronics is you need to be good with your hands and some manual labor to do it, because otherwise messing around with such small cables without accidentally tearing stuff apart in your way will be incredibly hard and frustrating.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

If only my dad's soldering iron wouldn't suck (though i have a (small) breadboard)

jamu

I like listening to DJ Omnimagas music while not playing Pokemon on my nspire
I have a rhythm game problem.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 27, 2015, 04:38:17 AM
The issue with electronics is you need to be good with your hands and some manual labor to do it, because otherwise messing around with such small cables without accidentally tearing stuff apart in your way will be incredibly hard and frustrating.

This is a way to learn relaxing, zen and dexterity (or sinistry for lef-handed people?)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 27, 2015, 08:54:21 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 27, 2015, 04:38:17 AM

This is a way to learn relaxing, zen and dexterity (or sinistry for lef-handed people?)

novenary