Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CSE Hybrid Basic] Photon - CSE Hybrid Basic

Started by 123outerme, May 24, 2015, 04:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Good to see updates, 123outerme. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Will there be a download soon?
* Unicorn wants one
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: CKH4 on June 27, 2015, 08:29:00 PM
Wow, those graphics are really good for ASCII. Quite impressive, if I get a cse I'll be sure to play it.
Thanks! You might want to get a CE honestly, since they are the same price and the CE is a much better machine.
Also, I updated the image in the OP, so now my screenshots are representative of the game's current progress.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Unicorn

Good!

But currently, this game will not work on the CE, and when Celtic is ported, the det(12 command may change. So if you want to play this one and many others,CSE is the way to go.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 123outerme on July 01, 2015, 03:24:23 AM
Wow, those graphics are really good for ASCII. Quite impressive, if I get a cse I'll be sure to play it.
Thanks! You might want to get a CE honestly, since they are the same price and the CE is a much better machine.
Also, I updated the image in the OP, so now my screenshots are representative of the game's current progress.
The only downside of the CE is that all CSE hybrid and ASM games will not work, so no First Fantasy, Snake, Tunnel, Buttonz, Steins;Gate, TI-Boy CSE, etc, and more importantly, it's unclear if Doors CSE will ever happen for it since Kerm seems reluctant about making a 8xp version of it.

That said, BASIC games and especially new ASM creations will benefit a lot from the speed increase. Real-time BASIC stuff won't improve that much, but stuff that updated big parts of the LCD at a time, such as Disp and DispGraph, have improved dramatically.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 29, 2015, 07:28:00 AM
Good to see updates, 123outerme. :)
Thanks!

Quote from: Unicorn on June 29, 2015, 10:14:39 PM
Will there be a download soon?
* Unicorn wants one
Yeah, I just have to add the story or whatever else will be the extra fluff.

Quote from: Unicorn on July 01, 2015, 03:36:26 AM
Good!

But currently, this game will not work on the CE, and when Celtic is ported, the det(12 command may change. So if you want to play this one and many others,CSE is the way to go.
Yeah, I meant to write that :P But thanks for clarifying! I might get a CE myself, so if I do I can port my games over.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 01, 2015, 05:49:22 AM
Quote from: 123outerme on July 01, 2015, 03:24:23 AM
The only downside of the CE is that all CSE hybrid and ASM games will not work, so no First Fantasy, Snake, Tunnel, Buttonz, Steins;Gate, TI-Boy CSE, etc, and more importantly, it's unclear if Doors CSE will ever happen for it since Kerm seems reluctant about making a 8xp version of it.

That said, BASIC games and especially new ASM creations will benefit a lot from the speed increase. Real-time BASIC stuff won't improve that much, but stuff that updated big parts of the LCD at a time, such as Disp and DispGraph, have improved dramatically.
Yeah, I definitely want one for the speed increase.

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you plan to release it on ticalc.org when it's done? IIRC, your last few games weren't there, unless it was someone else on the forums.

Unicorn

Yay! Extra stories and fluff is always good :D

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 05, 2015, 03:31:42 AM
Do you plan to release it on ticalc.org when it's done? IIRC, your last few games weren't there, unless it was someone else on the forums.
Yes, I do. Solius is on ticalc.org and in the Cemetech archives.

Quote from: Unicorn on July 06, 2015, 09:34:15 PM
Yay! Extra stories and fluff is always good :D
I agree :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

More extra stories and stuff?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 12, 2015, 05:55:23 PM
Any new updates, by the way? :)
No, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Once I figure out where I am, I'll get to work again.
Quote from: Unicorn on July 12, 2015, 07:45:57 PM
More extra stories and stuff?
Sidequests? Not a bad idea, I think I'll save sidequests for another time, but definitely the main story will be added soon.

Also, you might see me post of another project soon ;)

Unicorn

Welp, in any case, I can't wait!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???