Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nymless v1.81 Installation Issues

Started by Dudeman313, January 24, 2016, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Whenever I try to send Freyaday's Nymless.8xk, my TI-84+ performs a Garbage Collect, then shows "Error in Xmit" before it crashes and gives me the "RAM cleared" pop-up. What's goin' on, and what do I do? :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

alexgt

If you are putting it in archive and you don't have enough room then it will try to save more room by collecting the garbage and if that doesn't work then it resets. So try clearing out stuff stored in archive. I think that will work ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dudeman313

I have 243.3 KB of ROM available. Nymless.8xk is only 192 KB.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Strange, because Axe Parser applications cannot be larger than 16 KB, so there's no way Nymless.8xk can be 192 KB. Your file probably got corrupted during download. What URL did you download it from?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

It's the one from Omnimaga, that Freyaday posted.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I checked it and the file is definitively corrupted. I sent it to an emulator and it plays fine (and is 16 KB on-calc) but on my PC it says it's 192 KB and Flash apps are normally up to twice their calc size on the computer (so it should not be more than 32 KB). What OS did you use? It's possible you'll have to poke the author himself directly about it.

EDIT: You could try doing a manual Garbage Collect before sending the game, then try sending it again to see if that works. Or maybe do a full memory reset (back up all your files first, of course).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I already tried the manual G. Collect; It still didn't work. I'll try the mem reset, though. :walrii:
The answer is "Sure."