Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-Nspire] Nspire Flow

Started by semiprocoder, September 16, 2015, 03:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semiprocoder

well, honestly for the web being slower I now for sure about the loading part but I am not sure about performance. It is just what I've heard and read. Also flow doens't really provide any information on its main page in the android game page, so I have no idea how to check whether I could use the levels. I am going to try emailing them but I am not sure how I would explain my situation.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, good luck then. Hopefully they are cooperative, especially since it's a fan game :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

So after I few days I just got the reply:
"Hi Andrew - Please search online for number link. It is similar to Flow Free.

Thanks and Good luck.

-sharon
Big Duck Games LLC"

Does that mean that I should ask number link because flow free is not letting me use their levels and they're sending me off, or are they sending me off and saying that number link is going to actually give me their levels. BTW I actually kinda like number link its not bad.

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I am not sure really. Maybe someone else might know. It might be that their game is based on Flow Free and they would rather have you ask permission to Number Link authors or it might be that Big Duck Games don't want you to use their levels, but don't mind if you use the ones from competitors. It's kinda confusing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

So I'm gonna send an email to number link asking them if I could use their levels. I would probably say how flow denied me and I want to get levels from them, but um what are your recommendations for the email to number link?

Dream of Omnimaga

Not sure really. Just ask permission I guess. Otherwise, you could try to make some levels, even if not many, release the game and tell people they are free to send you levels.

semiprocoder

eh I'm lazy I'm gonna forward the emails to number link directly instead of writing my own, and yeah, I will make some basic levels for all the packs. I think 10 5x5 of my own since right now my 5x5 are the same as in flow free except roated 90 degrees(due to how my array for the level works), 5 more(after all the others are done) 8x8, 5 10x10, and somewhere around 10 variety levels. As I am not that good at making levels they will most likely be overly easy, but at least they will be in the game.

So I remade all ten 5x5 levels. Now for the hard part.

semiprocoder

Ok so numberlink rejected me as well :(. Turns out that the were referring to a generic numberlink that is a practically stub on wikipedia. So I wil have to either make my own levels or someone could make me some levels(plz someone do this).

Dream of Omnimaga

That sucks. I guess you could just do some levels since the community is too small to find any level designers, but have less included in the final game and mention in the readme that new levels are needed.

semiprocoder

Yeah I mentioned in the readme levels are needed. I don't know if it is the best request, but it works. I havent had any emails, but that is expected as I only have gotten 34 downloads the three days my code has been on ticalc.

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck then. But yeah level designers are hard to come by in the community, especially for less popular games. >.<

I also made this topic also show up in the downloads section.

semiprocoder

I think I've hit a stroke of luck, for I have posted flow on cemetech, and I got a reply from people who made flow for the ti 84. They already have a bunch of levels and say they can convert some of them for me to my method of storing the levels. I just replied with my method, and am awaiting for them to reply. Hoping for the best here :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh awesome. I forgot that there was the TI-8x port. Hopefully tgey let you use their levels :)

semiprocoder

So while I'm still waiting for the ti 8x guy to help me out, I am hoping to add a random mode which randomly generates levels. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do so, as I obviously want the levels to be winnable(otherwise what would be the point of them). If anyone has a generator for something random that can pertain to this, that would be quite awesome if you could share the mechanics behind it with me so that I could make a random level generator. In the meantime, I will try to make a random level generator, but I have 0 garantees as I will most likely not finish it.

Dream of Omnimaga

Keoni29 once posted a topix explaining random number level generators. I don't know if it would be useful?  https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=658.0