Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Work on the blocks before skins! I wish I could try it out right now :(

Anyways, you stayed up late doing this?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome, I'm gonna give it a try later if HP Connectivity Kit is done updating. :)

EDIT: @alexgt it doesn't work D:, when I drag and drop the files or the folder into the app library, if I run the app afterwards, but instead of launching the game it launches a spreadsheet. I'm using the latest firmware (July)

@timwessman you really need to make applications into 1 file or at least allow sending full zip or rar files, because currently, custom app transfer is completely broken and will not work 98% of the time. Not only that, but when sending three apps my calculator froze and I had to press the reset button on the back. I'm definitively sticking to .hpprgm until this is solved. There is also barely any official documentation on how to make apps so the only way is to browse community forums and hope you'll find that one post explaining how to properly make an app. Sorry.

@alexgt could you release a non-application version of MinePrime and SIFS in the future so that I can use them? Else I will never be able to run them at all.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Hmmm... If you open the unzipped file does another file appear or is there MinePrime.hpappprgm, MinePrime.hpappnote, ect.?
If it does I am stumped, and the problem with making a pure program version is that I can't store files or pictures outside the program (the app files are stored in the archive so they don't take up program space). I will try to work it out :)

Quote from: Unicorn on July 12, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
Work on the blocks before skins! I wish I could try it out right now :(

Anyways, you stayed up late doing this?
The latest I stayed up was 2 a.m. but I had a friend over to spend the night so the coffee was in the morning :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes, they are there on Windows. I cannot open the folders in the HP Prime connectivity kit, though, if that's what you mean.

But yeah, basically, I am unable to launch the game no matter what I try. It just displays a spreadsheet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

lol alex you were working on it with a friend over? They always tease me when I do, and then I have them try out one of my games, but they end up playing calcuzap :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe remove Calcuzap and all other games from your calc first? :P

Anyway Alexgt I'm thinking that application support is broken in HP PPL or the HP Prime or you probably didn't write the header that Tim once showed properly.

Quote from: timwessman on June 04, 2015, 04:53:45 PM

#pragma mode( separator(.,;) integer(h32) )

//Declare function
SIFS_PROG_RUN();

//Local vars
Local ProgNum; //Prog number to display/edit
<snip>

You'll want to put this at the top of your source file.

The pragma line is so that anyone who has different internationalization/integer settings won't have issues. It tells: , is the separator for arguments, . is the separator for mantissa, ; terminates your command statements.

The next part is why the program isn't running. There is a error when trying to compile because the compiler has no idea what SIFS_PROG_RUN() is since you are creating it on runtime (not sure why exactly, haven't looked at the code). Hence, you should declare it as a function earlier and it will run fine.

The reason the icon isn't showing is because it isn't being sent. I went through this process: Unzip to the content directory, drag the zip file to the calculator tree and it was all sent fine. I will investigate if coming directly from a zip is having an issue or something.

alexgt

Ohhhh... that might be why O.O I don't even have that in there at all and I have it set to h64 on my calc. Before I fix it will you look and see if it actually sent the AFiles by typing in MinePrime.Afiles() and see if it comes up with this:

Also is the app icon there because that will also indicate that all the files were sent correctly :)

I will make that patch right now :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I'll check that out when I'm back home. :)

alexgt

Yep, I have it all ready with the patch I just need to upload it :P

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Ok, here is the patch tell me if it fixes everything, and also I tried it on my PC emu and I had the same problem so this should fix it ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Nope, still the same problem: The app icon is showing up, but only a spreadsheet comes up. :( I also ran MinePrime.AFiles on the main screen and I got {"DefaultSkin.png","icon.png","Main_Title.png", TEX_Terrain.png","WMAT"}

I also tried deleting the app, rebooting my calc then resending it, and still no luck.

You really need to ditch applications like me, even if it means removing features from SIFS and MinePrime, because HP Prime apps are absolute garbage (no offense Tim Wessman). If HP ever kills support for programs without fixing apps first, I'm probably quitting HP Prime dev. For now I'm boycotting apps.

EDIT: I made a topic about this: http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=610.0 and cross-posted it on HP Museum and TI-Planet.

Unicorn

If alex had it working, how does it not work for you, DJ? Is there some setting that needs to be enabled?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

He mentions in his last post that the previous version didn't work for him on the emulator. I don't know if he tested the new one before posting it.

I have the feeling that some setting needs to be enabled or that I might have bad hardware. Otherwise, it's possible that when he distributes the app, some files goes missing.

In any case, sending apps is extremely confusing anyway due to little to no official doc about it.

But in short terms, it looks more and more like I will never be able to play MinePrime again unless Alexgt decides to switch back to hpprgm format. :(

Unicorn

Or someone sends an email to hp or they read that forum post you made. I think someone needs to make a youtube video explaining how it works.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???