You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Some sprites by p2

b/Drawing & Animation Started by p2, September 13, 2016, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/p2 November 30, 2016, 12:51:22 PM
little update on my drawings:
I now have the high quality houses (only the red roofed ones are HQ yet) as well as a number of other random stuff needed in my game as well as a small demo pic.

*the grass is not in use yet and will most likely be redrawn later.
u/aetios November 30, 2016, 01:11:46 PM
That looks great! You might want to make the houses a bit more front view instead of top view.
u/p2 November 30, 2016, 01:22:13 PM
O_o
do you know how many hours I already spent on drawing these stupid houses?  :ninja:
Must have been about 20 or 30 hours as I redrew all over and over again... <_<

can you maybe provide an example of how you imagine it?
I did my houses pretty much similar to the ones in Pokemon and Reuben3...

btw I'm no way near done yet in drawing houses... I still have to create the differently colored versions of all house tiles
and draw tiles for the new houses:

u/xMarminq_ December 04, 2016, 05:13:46 PM
The Walrii doesn't seem to fit with the game  :-\
I would suggest  putting more detail into the walrii or simplifying the background.

[quote author=p2 link=topic=1591.msg48565#msg48565 date=1480512133
btw I'm no way near done yet in drawing houses... I still have to create the differently colored versions of all house tiles
and draw tiles for the new houses:
[/quote]

You could make a palette shader.  :thumbsup:

Here's a sprite I made...
http://www.piskelapp.com/p/agxzfnBpc2tlbC1hcHByEwsSBlBpc2tlbBiAgICl2qWYCww/view
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:49:17 PM by xMarminq_
u/p2 December 04, 2016, 06:49:54 PM
I know... ._.
I thought a lot about making the edges in darker grey instead of black so it fits better into the rest of the game, but I also didnt want to do it because it would mean not useing the original *one and only* walrii :'(

I'm honestly not sure if @DJ Omnimaga as well as all the others listening to the words of the Walrii could ever forgive me, if I did that... :'(
Afterall this entire game is a tribute to the one and only walrus <_<
u/p4nix December 04, 2016, 07:12:47 PM
It would probably already look better if you replace the black outline by some greyish outline...
u/p2 December 04, 2016, 07:36:03 PM
actually that's exactly what I ment, maybe chose a stupid way to put it into words ^^
I guess I'll give it a try... ._.
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 04, 2016, 09:46:25 PM
I personally think the :walrii: fits well. In most SNES games, the characters have more visible outlines and also slightly different art. That way, they stand out from the rest and sprites are easier to distinguish from static map elements.
u/xMarminq_ December 05, 2016, 12:36:21 AM
You could always use complimentary colors
u/mazhat April 24, 2017, 10:56:40 PM
Ayy, this is awesome!
The HD ones look really good, I definitely prefer them over the older ones (no offense).
It feels very aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
u/p2 April 25, 2017, 11:36:50 AM
wow thx this is like the most beautiful compliment I got in a while xD
Glad u like them, took a lot of time drawing them all :ninja:

Is this 'Ayy' a secret reference to MrPoopyButthole from Rick and Morty season 2? ^^
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators