Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Librecalc is dead D:

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 17, 2015, 03:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Yeah i do that often too. Though most  of my  friends im in the same class with also have a calculator addiction :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Wow I wish that was the case here. The most anyone here cares about calculators are like having made 1 text based RPG and basic graphscreeen for loops. I tried to show one of my friends Axe but I think that he's not advanced enough to use it. I'm trying to help him out but I'm definitely the most advanced calc programmer that I know of.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

TheCoder first introduced me to Axe (and omnimaga), about 3/4 year ago. Though i didn't really like Omnimaga since it was so full already. Meanwhile im several times better in Axe than him :3. (Also ive been coding for abouts 2 years now and he like 4 or 5 and im waaay better ;D)

Maybe we should have a topic like "how did you get into calc programming" or something :P

CKH4

You should make it. I don't really like omnimaga either because sometimes it seems harsh. I remember in 8th grade I got in trouble for using the pen feature in class because everyone was so distracted. Then we started finding calculators with not so school appropriate drawings on them (middle schooler maturity levels are just so high).

Snektron

But the pen feature is so bad :(

CKH4

Yeah. I was the only one who used pt-change instead. If only I had gotten into programming sooner.

Snektron

CKH4

Yeah, your draw app is amazing. I really think that it turned out well. If I had a USB calculator I would have downloaded it already.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

@Cumred does it mean you will leave CodeWalrus if it reaches 300 posts per day or 100000 total posts?? O.O

@CKH4 yeah that was an increasing issue IMHO, although not according to some other people. But it's due to changes in policies overall and partly why its userbase split into two sites.

And yeah the draw app is cool :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

No, because i've looked at all the 99700 post from before :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok.I guess I am too used to having been here for 13.5 years. When I joined Cemetech they had 7000 posts O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Hmmm. Cemetech is from 2005 right? When I joined here I think that there were only like 1500.

Dream of Omnimaga

It started in 2002 online or so but the first bulletin board had 9000 posts before moving to PhpBB and it opened in late 2004. CodeWalrus forums opened on November 11th 2014, but in invite-only mode. It opened to public on Jan 1st 2015.

CKH4

I don't remember when I joined cemetech but I wish I had earlier. Everyone that I've seen there is really friendly like here.
And I joined cw on the second of January. There were only like 1600 posts when I joined.