Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

If you spam more than DJ, you'll become him (or a walrus)...

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 28, 2015, 08:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrefeytontias

Well I can't say until I actually become less busy :P I guess not, because I'll be working on PC projects and those take much more time before having anything good to talk about.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Dream of Omnimaga

True, unless you work with them solo. It seems like in team they take longer and have more chances to die. If I switch to PC dev one day I'll probably still just make small games for that reason. I don't like working on projects that drag on for too long. Just look at the endings in some of my RPGs. While some were crap due to running out of RAM, there are many that sucked only because near the end of the game development I was tired of working on it and wanted to start a new project, so I just said screw the ending, it's gonna be worse than Contra ending. :P

The ending in Mana Force (the monochrome game, not the First Fantasy CSE/CE remakes) was by far the worst in my games I think.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 02, 2015, 04:12:48 AM
Quote from: matrefeytontias on December 01, 2015, 06:35:08 PM
Heeeh, let's just say I'm awfully and unbelievably busy with school and life. I still come on IRC once in a while, but I rarely post.
I hope eventually you have more free time D:. Do you still plan to post even if you quit calcs for good, by the way?
Quote from: alexgt on December 01, 2015, 11:18:34 PM
I remember when I was really posting and it was really active I got over 100+ posts in one day O.O
I don't remember that O.O (the highest day was 190 total, unless you mean based on your time zone?)
Yeah I got over in my time zone, but @Unicorn  and @Cumred_Snektron and I were posting back and forth
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Yeah, that one day when we posted like crazy over the summer. I think those days are over for me :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as you don't permanently stop posting or permanently post once a week O.O. That would suck since it was cool to have you around (except maybe that one time where your posts were all shorter than 2 words :P). As for the 190 posts day we had, that might be that day you are talking about, but the different board timezone might have made it look busier from your side (eg there was probably a spike of over 200 posts total in a 24 hours period somewhere, but not necessarily the same day)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah, unicorn is 6 hours behind my time and Cumred_Snektron is 6 hours ahead xD

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on December 08, 2015, 02:22:56 PM
Yeah, unicorn is 6 hours behind my time and Cumred_Snektron is 6 hours ahead xD
I don't think that's possible for Unicorn. That would mean you live underwater in Atlantic Ocean. (and are literally a :walrii: ?) O.O

alexgt

Or may be it is the other way around because he lives on Hawaii

Dream of Omnimaga

True, but I checked time zones and even though he lives there the time zone difference betweeen East Coast and Hawaii is 5 hours.

Also I might be busy during holidays (especially this weekend) so you might have a bit of time saved to catch up on me :P

alexgt

Lol, yeah I am always busy on Saturday but other than that I am open :P

Unicorn

Daylight savings does change things... And yeah, I hope to become more active again.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on December 15, 2015, 12:01:15 AM
Daylight savings does change things... And yeah, I hope to become more active again.
Yay ^.^

Are you doing the contest BTW

Unicorn

If I can figure out an idea. So far it's gonna be a cookie clickerlike game.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on December 15, 2015, 06:21:44 AM
If I can figure out an idea. So far it's gonna be a cookie clickerlike game.
I had a similar thought but then when with Zampy;s QUest instead :P