Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Site slogans à la Minecraft

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 22, 2015, 05:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So for a while, I was wondering if it would be fun to have some semi-official rotating slogans near or over the site banner, while not removing the text below the banner? What I mean is like how Minecraft has some yellow text slogans that changes everytime you reload the game. The slogan would be written in small font, placed diagonally, but it would change on every page refresh.

Some ideas I had were the following, either self-humor or in reference to other stuff:

-Friendship Unity Caring Kindness v2
-If it exists, there's a walrus of it
-As random as Hong Kong 97
-A website, 3 years in the making
-Because calculators aren't just for math

What do you think?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Some versions of Acmlmboard came with something like that, I wonder if I can adapt it to SMF.

Otherwise...

- Dabbling In Cute Killer Series
- Now with 20% more walruses!
- It's dot us!
- <insert pop culture reference here>
- 57 different kinds of walruses!
- Green is a creative color!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I honestly have no clue what the first slogan is about. Could you elaborate?

Not sure about 4th and 5th. 5th would probably have to be more "Over 150 kind of walruses!"
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 22, 2015, 06:03:18 AM
I honestly have no clue what the first slogan is about. Could you elaborate?
It's in the topic of the anime channel.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 22, 2015, 06:03:18 AM
Not sure about 4th and 5th. 5th would probably have to be more "Over 150 kind of walruses!"
Heinz does have a metric ton of products, yet they still say they have only 57 of them.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

c4ooo

Why not have a .txt file and have the JS select one randomly? Like in minecraft ;)
NVM, i guess that is what you are doing.

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, now that I remember, we had rotating slogans on the front page before the site went public. We could use that script.
https://codewalr.us/walrii.php

aetios

So, how's this coming along? I wanna see this happen :x
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Not much yet. I've been discouraged with pretty much everything in the past week or so.

aetios

How many slogans do we have at the moment? I think we have plenty for a start. Another one that we could add is 'Gotta :walrii: 'em all!'

alexgt

This is a great idea, and yeah when will it be implemented. Also:
- Remember the day walruses flew
- Is it a plane, a kite , no it is a :walrii:
- 99% Off Topic
Those are just some I thought of ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

novenary

The random slogans from [url]/walrii.php] could be used too, at least the ones that are still relevant:
"Ceci n'est pas un morse.",
"No walruses have been harmed during the conception of this website.",
"Nothing to see here.",
"I am the walrus",
"Walrus is love, walrus is life",
"Remember the day the walrus started to fly...",
"A new beginning, a new fantasy",
"Walrii love, Blinky don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."

(I removed one from the list which said "coming soon").

aetios

I like the 99% off topic one, haha.

Dream of Omnimaga

Dream of Omnimaga

So since we will probably get rid of the current site slogan, do you think the randomized text could be used as slogans instead, but instead of slanted over the logo, it would take the place of the current text?

My only concern is that on mobile the text might be too large if it's just text, but I guess we'll see.

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 05, 2015, 05:36:54 PM
Not much yet. I've been discouraged with pretty much everything in the past week or so.
I feel you DJ ._.

But yeah, that would be nice, random slogans.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN