Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mental Dungeon [ti-nspire][lua]

Started by LD Studios, July 25, 2015, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD Studios

So lately I've been working on a game called "Mental Dungeon" (considering changing the name to "Arithmattack"?)
The goal is to perform subtraction, addition and multiplication to a random set of numbers, to achieve specific numbers that will allow you to perform attacks and other moves. Hopefully coming soon!

Screenshots/Mockups:
Home Screen/Main Menu:                                                                   Battle Screen:

Shop- Purchase consumables or new weapons:                         Tavern- Replenish health or temporarily increase stats:

Unicorn

Awesome! Blending math with gaming is always good :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome idea. :D i like to see more educational games for calcs but on computers, many of them were boring, so it's good to see some for calcs that looks entertaining while still keeping their educational factor. Plus, your game looks very nice :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Lionel Debroux

Yup, serious games are a good thing.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Strontium

This is a really awesome idea. I can't wait to play!

In fact, this is so awesome I might even make my own ripoff of your game :P
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

Looks good! Also i think "Arithmattack" is a cool name :3
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Ivoah

I have to second Cumred_Snektron's statement, "Arithmattack" is a great name! This is looking nice, I just with it was in color. I know other people have said they like the b&w, but to me it looks a little dry.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually don't mind the grayscale, other than the fact it's a bit dark, which could pose problems on Clickpad/Touchpad models due to lack of a backlit display.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I like the grayscale too, though just a little green woudnt hurt :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Strontium

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 26, 2015, 04:19:18 PM
I actually don't mind the grayscale, other than the fact it's a bit dark, which could pose problems on Clickpad/Touchpad models due to lack of a backlit display.

I thought Lua wasn't supported on those models.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Unicorn

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 26, 2015, 05:56:04 PM
I like the grayscale too, though just a little green woudnt hurt :P
Some green, or bright pink :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

LD Studios

I finished character sprites:

(I kinda screwed up making the .gif so some of the animations aren't right i.e the wizard's staff shouldn't be screwed up)

And here's a glimpse at the player screen:

Unicorn

pAwesome .gifs and everything!  I think you may need to make a color-ish version for people with bad sight though...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

LD Studios

Unicorn

I like that a ton, but maybe just put some highlighting on the text so its easier to read?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???