Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[News] Axe Wiki Opens!

Started by pimathbrainiac, May 18, 2015, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

As you may have seen in the channel topic on #omnimaga, the Axe Wiki has opened! Currently, there is a lot of nothing on the wiki, so you can go request and account to contribute! The axe wiki is hosted by Sorunome and the admins are Sorunome and myself at the present, but is not officially affiliated with Omnimaga at the current time.

The Axe Wiki is a place for tutorials and documentation regarding Axe. What are you waiting for? Go and contribute!
Well, I'm bach here too!

Snektron

Awesome! :D i'll be helping for sure! :)

EDIT: How long will it take before there is a rickroll page made?
also put this on the front page maybe :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the initiative. Just please make sure that this time, it's on a stable host, though. Reuben Quest wiki had plenty of downtimes and lag a few months ago, same for Omni (including their 40 hours of downtime), and Juju's 57o9/Julosoft servers used to be even worse to the point where they vanished with the original Axe wiki on them.

Also good move to require account approval. The original Axe Wiki hosted by juju was overran by bots.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Yeah, or just host your wiki on wikia.
Still, a nice idea!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work as well. I believe that one calc wiki was hosted there before. Another alternative is Wikidot. Can those alternatives let you export your site, though, if you decide to move back to a standalone wiki? Having to copy everything page by page by hand when you have 100 can be a tedious task.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Cool! I was having trouble understanding axe, but this sill surely help!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

This is awesome for beginners, I know quite well how nice a laid out tutorial was when I was learning Axe :).
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

It's on Sorunome's recently upgraded server, it's a dedicated server with 16GB RAM and the 3TB hard drives are in RAID1, guess you can't go wrong with that. The server will still go down once in a while, but it's mostly for maintainance. By the way there's one planned in the next few days while Sorunome will move some stuff around, we'll warn you beforehand. Or try to.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on May 18, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
It's on Sorunome's recently upgraded server, it's a dedicated server with 16GB RAM and the 3TB hard drives are in RAID1, guess you can't go wrong with that. The server will still go down once in a while, but it's mostly for maintainance. By the way there's one planned in the next few days while Sorunome will move some stuff around, we'll warn you beforehand. Or try to.
OK, but my worry also is if maintenance is performed then people forget to restart the site or something, like what happened to img.codewalr.us front page and WalrusIRC in the past. <_< Reuben Quest wiki and BroniesQC downtimes are other examples too.

Snektron

Since when does a site need to be restarted? O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Not sure, but when Soru server was restarted he had to restart whatever makes Reuben Quest wiki and my webspace separately.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The server needs sometimes to be reboot. YOu know, windows updates. :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on May 21, 2015, 04:45:02 PM
The server needs sometimes to be reboot. YOu know, windows updates. :p
Wait, Sorunome uses IIS? O.O I thought that Omnimaga ditched IIS in for a reason (they used it from August 2011 to April 2012)... I remember when they had updates it caused downtimes due to the server having to reboot, like any Windows computer, but in one occasion it was a service pack update IIRC and it caused several hours of downtime.