Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

Quote from: James Oldiges on January 25, 2015, 02:25:04 AM
Welp, I guess I am new to this site XD

My name is HappyBobJr, but everyone just calls me James.  My dad insisted me be named after him, HappyBob.
I am mostly a lurker, but will respond to tidbits here and there.
I know Axe (less than yall though), C, some JS, HTML (Do we even consider that a language?), some Python, and a bit of Japanese.
I am very friendly to the point where I may become annoying, so I beg you to please just let me know so I can modify my behavior.

I pop up in the IRC now and then, but if you want to contact me you can PM me, add me on FB, or text me at (513)889-6709 (North America ONLY)

HAPPY PROGRAMMING EVERYONE
Welcome! I hope to see some of your projects take shape. :) I don't know anything of what you know (except a bit of HTML), but there are plenty of users here who are fluent in all of the above! Well, I dunno if anyone here is fluent in Japanese :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

James Oldiges

Quote from: 123outerme on January 25, 2015, 03:23:15 AM
Quote from: James Oldiges on January 25, 2015, 02:25:04 AM
Welp, I guess I am new to this site XD

My name is HappyBobJr, but everyone just calls me James.  My dad insisted me be named after him, HappyBob.
I am mostly a lurker, but will respond to tidbits here and there.
I know Axe (less than yall though), C, some JS, HTML (Do we even consider that a language?), some Python, and a bit of Japanese.
I am very friendly to the point where I may become annoying, so I beg you to please just let me know so I can modify my behavior.

I pop up in the IRC now and then, but if you want to contact me you can PM me, add me on FB, or text me at (513)889-6709 (North America ONLY)

HAPPY PROGRAMMING EVERYONE
Welcome! I hope to see some of your projects take shape. :) I don't know anything of what you know (except a bit of HTML), but there are plenty of users here who are fluent in all of the above! Well, I dunno if anyone here is fluent in Japanese :P

Not sure if I will  finish many more projects. I tend to go into a coding frenzy, get 60% done and quit XD
The only one I ever finished was http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/432/43244.html in 2010.
I made a 2player tron game, but I lost it. I may be able to find it on an old classmates calc though :P
I think JuJu and Saranome know some Japanese/

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and nice to see you here. :D I hope the renewal in the community convinces you to lurk more in a not so distant future. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Hey HappyBob, glad to see you here ^_^ Please pop on #CodeWalrus once in a while, or on that OmnomIRC-like thingy I wrote.

And yeah I know some Japanese but not a lot.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Hey there James ! We are quite a few anime fans here so a lot of people know a few words. Also Sorunome (I think that's who you were talking about) doesn't seem to know Japanese. As far as I know he's not that much into Japan. :P

James Oldiges

Cqtm, you guys are acting like I am new to the [calc programming] community.  Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Dream of Omnimaga

According to IRC or Telegram logs (I forgot where), I think Streetwalrus just realized now that you are Happybobjr. O.O

However, since you were mostly inactive on Omnimaga for 2-3 years and he joined later maybe he didn't know you much. :P

Also what? O.O http://codewalr.us/index.php?action=profile;u=101 Why did you create a 2nd account? ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

That's gotta be a mistake. And yeah with all the anime freaks around here, there's quite some ppl who know a handful japanese. I still wanna learn more.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah apparently when he tried using Tapatalk it made a new account >.<. Anyway thanks for fixing
Quote from: aeTIos on January 26, 2015, 09:49:11 PM
That's gotta be a mistake. And yeah with all the anime freaks around here, there's quite some ppl who know a handful japanese. I still wanna learn more.
We even have an option to set (half of) the forum layout to Japanese! *.*

aetios

I deleted the duplicate account :) And yeah lol the japanese part of the forum is more of a gimmick :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed, and thanks for removing the account. :P

That said, I need to investigate on a glitch with language settings. Not sure if it's because one of the language (English) uses a different charset or due to other mods, but sometimes it seems that my language settings have changed by themselves.

岩倉 澪

hi I'm a human male who a few might remember idk

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 岩倉 澪 on January 28, 2015, 09:06:03 AM
hi I'm a human male who a few might remember idk
A tatsu? *.*

Welcome here by the way :walrii: