You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Need Help with C# Code and Unity

Previous topic - Next topic

b/General Help publicado por u/p2 May 09, 2017, 07:46:24 AM
I am currently working with Unity to develop Augmented Reality applications for the HoloLens, and as part of a project, I need a way to import .obj files at runtime from an online source.

I chose to use this thingy: https://github.com/cmdr2/unity-remote-obj-loader
but there's no proper documentation or anything similar D:
Can anyone tell me how to get this script running?
I can import it and bind it to an objct and stuff, but how to use it?
I have no idea which comand I use to call it and with which parameters, nor how the object is returned :/
(I should probably mention I am new to C#)

If I can't get it working I would have to use https://github.com/gpvigano/AsImpL/ which would be terribly much work since it's such a huge tool X.x

Edit: btw is there any way to import a .3ds file and convert it to .obj within a C# app...? would be really helpful ^^
Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:42:24 AM by p2
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/Unicorn May 30, 2017, 07:29:41 AM
ooh... well, i dont know much about unity (ive messed around a bit, but meh) but my friend does. I could get him to help out if you would like ;)
u/p2 May 30, 2017, 08:54:22 AM
well it's been a few days since I started this topic, and today I finally got an alternative for that script running and it seems to work.
But there's still a major problem I'm having since weeks and can't fix  :ninja:
Some help with that would be really apreciated  :thumbsup:

It's this:
I got a phantom cube sized 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f floating at 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f freezing scripts as soon as I look at it, crashing the program if I try to interact with it.
(effectively meaning in an Augmented Reality app that after I start it, I need to walk away a few meters in order to interact with anything, as I'm stuck in the cube, and mustn't look in it's direction...  :P
It seems to be recreated with every update cycle and I cand find it's source as it's not shown in the object hirarchy not created by a script...
Is there any way to remove it?
it appears to be the same bug all of these guys are experiencing: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-6b11-phantom-cube-object-around-0f-0f-0f-doesnt-appear-in-hierarchy-cant-delete-it.460196/
Start a Discussion

b/General Help

Need programming or hardware help? Need software installing or running support, or just help with technology in general? Then this is the place to ask in.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators