* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Building an arcade cabinet  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Unicorn

• ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • CW Contest II - 2nd place
  • Post Rating Ratio: +5/-2
  • make :PICKACHUP: a thing!
    • Unicorn808
    • 114/11432
    • ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Re: Building an arcade cabinet
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 07:37:28 am »
mmm smart
this project has got me thinking about my lattepanda and the lakka os that is currently on it... I kinda want to make it more portable now, maybr buy a 12" screen or something :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline p2

• CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +8/-0
  • *Wubba lubba dub dub*
    • KaliPhobos
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 08:13:19 am »
how about the power supply? If you added a mobile one like a car battery you could pwalk through the streets with it, sit down in the park, and start playing ;D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Online Juju

• aka Yuki Kagayaki aka J̵̭͕͇ù̞̭̝̯̦j̴̭̙̗͖͡ù͏͓̲̕
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Server Maintenance
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +30/-2
  • Couch potato
    • jul.savard
    • juju2143
    • @juju2143
    • juju2143
    • @julosoft
    • juju-kun
    • /u/juju2143
    • juju2143
    • @juju2143
    • Juju's shed
  • WalriiPoints: 99999
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 05:36:36 am »
mmm smart
this project has got me thinking about my lattepanda and the lakka os that is currently on it... I kinda want to make it more portable now, maybr buy a 12" screen or something :P
Isn't that thing like the Raspberry Pi but with a x86? You might want to do some sort of portable Steam Machine if it's powerful enough to run some games on it.

how about the power supply? If you added a mobile one like a car battery you could pwalk through the streets with it, sit down in the park, and start playing ;D
That might work. The screen runs on a standard 120V, but the Raspberry Pi, while being sufficiant on 5V, might need at least 2.5A to run at least correctly. Anything less and some components like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth might stop working. On that note, I should check for a proper 2.5A power supply, I only have a 2.1A one and I had to run an Ethernet cable so it could access my ROM collection over the network.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
On semi-hiatus until who knows when. CODEWALRUS 2.0 COMING SOON
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Offline Unicorn

• ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • CW Contest II - 2nd place
  • Post Rating Ratio: +5/-2
  • make :PICKACHUP: a thing!
    • Unicorn808
    • 114/11432
    • ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:04 am »
mmm smart
Isn't that thing like the Raspberry Pi but with a x86? You might want to do some sort of portable Steam Machine if it's powerful enough to run some games on it.
Woah that soudns amazing... cool idea :P

But yeah a 64 bit 4gb pi sized computer
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline c4ooo

• Super User
  • CW Contest II Winner
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-4
  • Advanced forumer
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
Voted for this in the poll cause i appreciate the effort of making the wooden box to hold the raspberry-pi  :thumbsup:

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games