Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriweb

i.e. something that TI absolutely hates, even more than things like Ndless.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Adriweb

TI-Nspire jailbreak.
http://ndless.me

(Google is your friend, by the way)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

JosJuice

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 09, 2016, 10:19:21 PM
What is BootFree exactly?
The software on a (e)z80 TI calc with flash memory consists of two parts: the boot code and the OS. You need both in order to be able to use the calculator, both on hardware and on emulators. TI distributes OSes on their website, so those are easy to get*, but they don't distribute the boot code in the same way. Because of that, the only legal way to get TI's boot code is to dump it from your calculator. So does that mean that you can't legally get any boot code if you don't have a real calculator? Well, you won't be able to get TI's boot code, but what you can do is to get an alternate boot code that someone else made. That's exactly what BootFree is – a replacement for TI's boot code that you can download freely. Wabbitemu has it built in.

* Before you download OS files and use them in emulators, you should read the license that's on the download page. I think they added a clause a few years ago that forbids you from using downloaded OSes with unofficial emulators.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dudeman313

If WabbitEmu has it built in, then how come it wouldn't accept my OS file for the TI-84+? I had to do that ROM dumping thing. And now that I no longer have a TI-84+, it's a good thing I still have that ROM file.
The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

WabbitEmu accepts the OS file I use for the TI-84 Plus...

Also, why don't you have a TI-84 Plus anymore?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dudeman313

I posted this somewhere, but it's a long story. Look it up. I used the words "it's a long story." If you find a topic where I used those exact words, then I explained there.
The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

• Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Lionel Debroux

QuoteIf WabbitEmu has it built in, then how come it wouldn't accept my OS file for the TI-84+?
Are you using one of the crippled unofficial forks, or did the crippling become part of upstream WabbitEmu ?
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

pimathbrainiac

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on February 11, 2016, 06:29:13 AM
QuoteIf WabbitEmu has it built in, then how come it wouldn't accept my OS file for the TI-84+?
Are you using one of the crippled unofficial forks, or did the crippling become part of upstream WabbitEmu ?
* pimathbrainiac mutters something about actually using and liking said fork
I wouldn't call it crippled. For most people, BootFree isn't necessary. For some people, yes, it is, but since TI has changed the EULA on their OSs to explicitly disallow the use of the OS files for use in an emulator other than smartview (as JosJuice has pointed out), I think it is safe to say that BootFree is no longer even legal :P
Well, I'm bach here too!

aetios

* aeTIos mutters something incomprehensible revolving around the words 'not' and 'care'
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

BootFree also causes issues running some apps, from what I remember, unless this was fixed. It didn't happen with all of them. A few years ago I remember that many apps in WabbitEmu greeted me with a BootFree splash screen instead of said app.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

It's because some apps use bootcode routines for ie, writing to flash (like Axe) which are not implemented by bootfree, or at least not correctly.