Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalrus: Now with ads!

Started by Yuki, October 07, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Yeah, looks good on desktop, the real problem was on mobile.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

Looks good on android in chrome. (Although in horizontal view, I have to scroll the ad left to right, but not in vertical)

Dream of Omnimaga

Strange, shouldn't the horizontal scrolling have been worse in vertical mode?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Project wunderful only allows credit card and paypal. That's a problem for some potential advertisers.
I quite like their approach however :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Yeah, I totally love their approach, which is why we went with them. Most people can pay with Paypal or credit card, and Paypal supports bank accounts, the only problem I'd see is if you're underage and I think you need to be 18 to advertise.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:19:52 PM
Yeah, I totally love their approach, which is why we went with them. Most people can pay with Paypal or credit card, and Paypal supports bank accounts, the only problem I'd see is if you're underage and I think you need to be 18 to advertise.
No that is not the problem but paypal does not work for some people including me
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Oh. What's the problem exactly?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:32:55 PM
I am not able to create a Paypal account as it needs personal verification here in Germany which I don't want to do.

c4ooo

Quote from: DarkestEx on October 08, 2016, 11:06:31 PM
I am not able to create a Paypal account as it needs personal verification here in Germany which I don't want to do.
Would using an american proxy work?

Yuki

Oh, if it's some German law you deem stupid, not much we can do, other than getting help from someone who have Paypal as a proxy. You still probably can donate to us, depending of what means are available to you and me to send money internationally.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 11:15:11 PM
Oh, if it's some German law you deem stupid, not much we can do, other than getting help from someone who have Paypal as a proxy. You still probably can donate to us, depending of what means are available to you and me to send money internationally.
I can only wire nationally. I would need to use the local Paypal to connect to my account. Maybe in a few years I will get myself a credit card and that should solve the problem with bank accounts.

Quote from: c4ooo on October 08, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on October 08, 2016, 11:06:31 PM
Would using an american proxy work?
Unfortunately not. It's a bank thing not an internet thing :/

Dream of Omnimaga

Germany became North Korea? O.O

Also should the forum nav be above the recent posts block?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
Germany became North Korea? O.O
This is PayPal's rules not any special laws. They want to prevent fraud.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Is it just that they require being 18+ or just that you don't want them to get your personal info?

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 08, 2016, 08:38:30 PM
Strange, shouldn't the horizontal scrolling have been worse in vertical mode?
It's probably switching to the "tablet" view. I forgot to check that out.

Quote from: DarkestEx on October 09, 2016, 12:04:42 AM
This is PayPal's rules not any special laws. They want to prevent fraud.
Weird, I have two paypal accounts (one in france and one in IL) and I didn't have to confirm anything with them.