Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Some attempt at bringing Internet to Casio Prizm

Started by Yuki, June 30, 2016, 06:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gbl08ma

Feel free to retry it, though. It might work on different operating systems and emulator versions.
  • Calculators owned: Prizm CG-20

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Something I wonder is if the current emulator core could be re-used in a different wrapper, like Adriweb did with TI-Smartview CE and his Javascript wrapper?  It's a bit off-topic, though, but maybe it would allow us to make a new emulator with more features, including linking? It would require the user to install a copy of the Prizm manager, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

AmazoNKA

thanks again, gbl08ma, for your previous posts - i retested my code and increasing the interval between serial reads did not  cause any data to be lost - good to learn new things from you as always

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 11, 2016, 11:41:15 PM
Something I wonder is if the current emulator core could be re-used in a different wrapper, like Adriweb did with TI-Smartview CE and his Javascript wrapper?  It's a bit off-topic, though, but maybe it would allow us to make a new emulator with more features, including linking? It would require the user to install a copy of the Prizm manager, though.
Eh, good question. I know QEMU has a SH4 port, would it be useful for a future community-made emulator?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

gbl08ma

That's more or less the idea behind https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=250623 , but the project seems to have been abandoned.
  • Calculators owned: Prizm CG-20

Yuki

Yeah, the big drawback in Casio development is the lack of a proper community-made emulator, that would be really awesome if this project comes to term and would definitely get more developers in the community to program add-ins.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U