Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CC17: Ivoah

Started by Ivoah, July 09, 2016, 06:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivoah

Crosspost from cemetech for the cemetech contest 17
Quote from: IvoahI'm not sure if I'm actually going to enter the contest, but I whipped this up the other night in PICO-8. I wasn't really thinking of the cemetech contest at the time, but I think I could turn this into some sort of puzzle game, and then port it to Nspire Lua.

Quote from: Ivoah
Quote from: KermMartianOh man, I'm already sold. If you don't port that to the CE and/or write a PICO-8 emulator for the CE, I'll be very disappointed.
This probably won't be making its way to the CE for two reasons:
    1) I don't have a CE :(
    2) It's written in Lua and I don't particularly want to port it to C

I do hope I'll have more time to work on it though, and maybe even turn it into a game :P
Quote from: IvoahSmall update: I got switching tracks working! It meant hand entering a bunch of data into a table, but it works. I also revamped how the rail detection works, which allowed me to add the switching.
Quote from: Ivoah
Quote from: UnicornAwesome! Will you be able to create your own tracks? This is starting to look like a level editor...
Yep, I didn't realize that I never made an update post about that. Right now you can place every type of track, including switching tracks, by placing two tracks on top of each other. I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to turn this into a game. Definitely going to make some sort of puzzle...
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

c4ooo

Anyways, this is probably the best CC17 entry i've seen so far, good luck! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it :D. The graphics are very nice and it looks smooth. Also I thought you had a CE? Does Cemetech allow PICO-8 entries? It would be nice if it wasn't specific to calculators :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

garvalf

looks nice. I can't see it on the pico-8 forum, it's not online yet?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 10, 2016, 04:37:07 AM
I like it :D. The graphics are very nice and it looks smooth. Also I thought you had a CE? Does Cemetech allow PICO-8 entries? It would be nice if it wasn't specific to calculators :)
I don't have a CE, and the contest does not allow PICO-8 entries. I plan on porting it to the Nspire once I'm done with it on PICO-8, as they are both Lua.

Quote from: garvalf on July 10, 2016, 11:28:14 AM
looks nice. I can't see it on the pico-8 forum, it's not online yet?
It's not on the PICO-8 forum (yet) because I'm not allowed to release code or binaries before the contest is over.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dudeman313

Those screenshots are awesome! I love it!  :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah, thanks for ezplaining Ivoah. For some reasons I always forget that it's a TI-Nspire CX  that you got.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U