Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game mock-up graphics and ideas

Started by tr1p1ea, February 08, 2015, 06:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

They should so take some shades in creepiness to belong to a Castlevania. This would be something like "My First Castlevania" with Dracula having safety caps on his fangs.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

aetios

The walking animation reminds me of the Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery style. Very nice.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 06, 2015, 03:43:17 PM
They should so take some shades in creepiness to belong to a Castlevania. This would be something like "My First Castlevania" with Dracula having safety caps on his fangs.
the tilea might be fine if made a little darker and the sky dark for such game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

@LD Studios btw, you are going to share the spritesets with us, yis?   ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

LD Studios

Sure, the spritesheet isn't very pretty/organized though

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

That makes me remember Terraria's style. Nice work.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah, so many sprites! O.O also glad to see the characters facing up and down too  :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Heh, with this kind of sprites, you could make a spritesheet generator with taking sprites as parts and outputting a picture with all the frames!

Snektron

And changable colors :o That would be awesome :D

LD Studios

Thanks, that probably won't happen though :P

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 08, 2015, 04:06:44 PM
Woah, so many sprites! O.O also glad to see the characters facing up and down too  :D
The backwards facing sprites are intended as a wall climbing animation. First frame of it also could be used for entering doors.

Dream of Omnimaga

@Cumred Changeable colors would probably be doable on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition using xLIBC, but you can only rotate through the color palette, not change individual colors. On the HP Prime it could be possible, although pre-rendering the differently colored tiles might take a while at the start of the program.

@LD ah I see. I thought that one of the frame sets was actually facing south.

CKH4

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/446/44632.html
Hmmmmmm, Terraria?

In all seriousness I would love to see these awesome sprites in a game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

That MC clone you linked to doesn't have much yet, though. I remember seeing one in grayscale before. That said, a color clone of Minecraft or Terraria would definitively be great.

CKH4

I'd have to go and buy a new calculator for it (I'm stuck on an 83+ that my friend gave me for free). That was more meant to show a terraria style cursor.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+