Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Raspberry Pi based GameCube modchip

Started by novenary, November 30, 2014, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchReaper450

The original runs just fine on it. I tried resident evil the original and it runs.

novenary

Then there's a problem with your disc that's causing the drive to reset. Trying something else to make sure it's not the modchip : hold start while the gamecube boots, it should show a special menu.

ArchReaper450

How long do I hold it? I tried holding it from the start and nothing appears.

Could it be a bad copy even though the version is not loading up?

novenary

Before the gc logo fades out and the game starts, you can release it after it faded.

I should mention that this will cause the chip to upload more stuff to the gamecube so the led should turn on another time to indicate that it's doing that.

ArchReaper450

Nada, the version won't load up or any of the backups but everything else works fine. Idk where to look now, I've checked the soldering and the power, I've swapped out the card x3 already.

novenary

If you get to the menu then it's definitely not your soldering nor the code. Either your dvd drive is failing or your discs are crap. See this : http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Laser_Tuning

ArchReaper450

Noooooooo I feel like it's going to be the dvd drive or it would load the version up.

I'll clean it and report back if it changes anything.

novenary

Get on the chat, I'll try to see what I can do.

Edit : actually, not tonight. Going to bed now.

ArchReaper450

Err my earlier message didn't go though apparently. Well, thanks for the help, I got the games to load up by messing with the pot. None of them really worked, RE Remake and Metroid Prime got in to the game but always crashed. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Could it be due to being the wrong region? I forgot if playing different region games is possible on the GameCube due to different TV signal.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ArchReaper450

All the games I downloaded were American I'm still messing with the pot setting and we'll see if it goes though eventually.

novenary

It's exactly the problem I'm having, the GameCube is struggling with reading the discs. I gave up after a while since swiss + SD adapter is so much more convenient.

Dream of Omnimaga

How large can the SD card be for the Gamecube? I remember that with the 84+ USB8x app, they couldn't be larger than a certain amout of megabytes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

There's no limit to the size. The largest cards currently sold are 128GB, so you can use that.

Snektron

You can actually buy 512Gb sd cards... for only €729.00 O.O (about $797 usd)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...