Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SnailFont

Started by _iPhoenix_, July 25, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

SnailFont is a free and open-source perfectly imperfect font suitable for pixel-based games and applications.

It features somewhat whimsical and tilted letters with very few straight lines or circles.

You can download it and try it out here!

These are the characters I have currently: (there are some tweaks that need to be made, the dots on the colon and the period are too big, the exclamation point is too short, the 'g' looks weird, the 'T' is too tilted, the lower zero on the percent sign is crazy weird, etc. I know it's supposed to be imperfect, but I don't want the imperfections to be distracting.)

This font is incomplete, I plan to tweak some of the existing characters slightly, and expand the current character set quite a bit. If anyone feels like helping, I'm writing some style guidelines for new characters.

The name comes from my other project, Attack of the Snails, which this font was made for :)

Enjoy!
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Yuki

Looks nice, reminds me of some Mario games for some reason. Gonna make a TTF of it?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: Juju on July 25, 2018, 06:37:36 PM
Looks nice, reminds me of some Mario games for some reason. Gonna make a TTF of it?

I did, you can download it on the site :)

Evolution of my avatar:

_iPhoenix_

I have completed all of the printable characters in the Basic Latin range todayWell, actually, it was yesterday, but I only updated my webpage for it today. and you can (as always) check it out and download it on the webpage, which contains legacy versions for your enjoyment.

Evolution of my avatar:

rowan_futurerave

hI iPHOENIX  im back lol
this font is great

I can especially see the digits and the symbols coming in useful (on their own combined with other fonts)
as a whole package - great!

nice work, hope you are good :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus CE-T, CASIO fx-CG50

123outerme

I like the look! It reminds me a little bit of the font they used in EarthBound for the Mr. Saturns. Definitely gonna see if I can find a use for it!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: rowan_futurerave on August 11, 2018, 11:52:53 AM
hI iPHOENIX  im back lol
this font is great

I can especially see the digits and the symbols coming in useful (on their own combined with other fonts)
as a whole package - great!

nice work, hope you are good :D

Long time no see! Nice to see you back.
I'm good, myself  ;D

Quote from: 123outerme on August 11, 2018, 03:56:24 PM
I like the look! It reminds me a little bit of the font they used in EarthBound for the Mr. Saturns. Definitely gonna see if I can find a use for it!

Thanks! I see what you mean (the pixelated, loopy, asymmetric and very non-geometric look), but hopefully mine is more readable :)

Evolution of my avatar: