Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 28, 2015, 06:51:30 AM
That now makes me wonder if it would be cool if someone made a TI-83+ BASIC compiler for the HP Prime where the editor would work with tokens and perhaps even allow you to set the resolution or fonts to the ones used on the 83+. It would not support everything but it would at least support the most common basic I/O and CTRL commands.

Back on topic, I wish you good luck on running programs from the shell. Maybe you could make a new topic asking how to?
that would  be awesome if we could make an emulator for Ti 84/83 O.O. I looked at the I/O and the Ctl sections and we could probably replicate them with subs, it would be nice if Lbl and Goto were a thing, mostly you would use subs but it is really convenient to have sometimes.

Thanks for the luck :). The way I think you might be able to do it is executing the code as if it was in your program... I can put the code in a string, it just feels so close to being able to do something with it <_<. A thing you can do is switch the view to the prog menu if you want to run one and have a hotkey to take you back to the GUI but that would interrupt the flow I think <_<. Also it wouldn't look as good as the GUI.

Quote from: Unicorn on May 28, 2015, 07:34:18 AM
Something along thoose lines :P
Anyways, alex, have you made any good progress?
Well I finished the GUI and I also am starting the scroll selector for the program editor :). I will post a screenie when I have the scroll menu complete and then a download (possibly with a rough version of the editor). I also plan to have syntax highlighting (possibly custom :)).

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 28, 2015, 07:23:47 AM
Wouldn't you get like copyright claims and such from TI though? <_<.

You know what we should do? Make a CodeWalrus language and port it to various devices/calculators. That'd be awesome
If CWList == {"walrii"} {
     PrintWalrii(0,0); //Makes and actual command named this :P
}
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Cool! I'm sure the screenshot ii look pretty cool! Syntax highlighting would also be helpful. If there was a kind of visual language added in that displayed different walriis in a command? *.* 
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

This is indeed starting to become a very cool (and ambitious :P) project :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

^Thanks :P.

Well the shell will be a thing I figured out how to run a program with out entering "ProgramName(ARGS)" into the source O.O :).

1: Store Program var into a list
L1 := Programs;

2: The list will have all the programs that are in your program lib so you can read their names and do:
Str1 := Programs(L1(UserInput));
That to recover the source code.

3: You can also make a new program with this command and set it's source code:
Programs("RUN") := ""; //Sets program to empty string which deletes it
Programs("RUN") := Source; //makes RUN's source code the string Source

4: Detecting the thing to do this: ProgramName(ARGS) is different
We need to use INSTRING() command and tell it to look for "EXPORT"
Pos := INSTRING(UPPER(Programs(UserInput)),"EXPORT"); //Use UPPER() to make shure "EXPORT" is upper case if the coder was all fancy and did "Export" :P
//Now we have to find if they exported a var or a function
Pos := Pos + 7; //Skip the export word
For A From 1 to 20 do //20 is the max characters for a prog
If MID(Programs(UserInput),Pos+A,2) == "()" Then //If it is a function store it in a sting
ProgToRun := MID(Programs(UserInput),Pos,A);
End;
End;

5: Now we have the code that you can use to run the program we have to run it :)
Programs("RUN") := "EXPORT RUN()
BEGIN
" + ProgToRun + "
END;"

One more step :)

6: Now we run the program that we want to run O.O
RUN();

Hope this helped you :)

alexgt

The font will only be hacker style for the ai bot :( right now it will be much easier to do the menus and everything with the built-in fonts because I can set their colors :)

Coming along well considering exam prep <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Question, is Program actually a built-in var or a custom one? I am curious since I am a bit confused at how your code above works. If it lets you run any .hpprgm file as you see fit then it's amazing. You should post a tutorial inside the HP help thread or a new topic.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

It is a built in var I will post an extensive tutorial on HP Programming help :).

The way it works is it looks for the main EXPORTED function because there are usually only one (the start of the game ect.)
then it looks for the function name
EXPORT ProgTest_1()
ProgTest_1() is what I am looking for because you can run it in a program with ProgTest_1();

You can make new programs and change the code so next you make a new program (preferably a long random name so the name wont' be taken by another prog which would delete that one's code :()

Then you make the source
"EXPORT RunName() //or whatever you want to name it
BEGIN"
+ RunString + //the string that has ProgTest_1 or the program of choice
"END;" //ends the RunName() function

and then since the source to that program is what you just set it to all you need to do is run that program which is easy because you know the main EXPORT functions name: RunName();

after you run this program you can repeat the same steps with a different program ;)

Note this is for shells only really because in all other cases I can think of you would just use ProgTest_1(); and run it that way but SIFS has to detect, store, and execute code so this is a special case so you wouldn't use this in code on a regular basis.

UPDATE: (kind of :P)
- Got menus working (nice touch screen scrolling ;))
I have to do a bit to tell the shell sub what to run on the menu and spruce up and optimize the possible bugs in the shell and BAM! I will post the first download O.O

Thanks for all the help and support :)

alexgt

UPDATE:
- Added menus
- Added Shell
Made SIFS as a whole :)

:w00t: First download :)

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 03, 2015, 08:41:22 PM
Awesome! :D
send screens, i don't have a prime :P
I am working on it right now :).

This will work on the emulator and connectivity kit you will have to update both though (I think).

EDIT: goto the software section :)

Thank's for all the help and support :) ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks for the tutorial alexgt. This will definitively be handy for those who don't like the HP Prime GUI as much and/or want to make a shell/replacement to launch programs.

And yeah the HP emulator is free of charge and doesn't require a serial key. The only downside is that games that lacks timers/delays will run too fast to be playable (eg NAGOJI)

EDIT: It looks like your app doesn't work. When I press Start, all I see is this:

Also just like NAGOJI, the icon defaults to the Quadratic Explorer app.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah you have to unzip the file and right click the app and press add icon and then use the icon image :(.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
Thanks for the tutorial alexgt. This will definitively be handy for those who don't like the HP Prime GUI as much and/or want to make a shell/replacement to launch programs.

And yeah the HP emulator is free of charge and doesn't require a serial key. The only downside is that games that lacks timers/delays will run too fast to be playable (eg NAGOJI)

EDIT: It looks like your app doesn't work. When I press Start, all I see is this:

Also just like NAGOJI, the icon defaults to the Quadratic Explorer app.

The app has difficulty on the emulator, you have to (for the calc and emu):
1. put the zip file into the app lib
2. unzip the .zip file
3. go to SIFS and drop down the menu to Files and Vars
4. right click the Files tab and click add file
5. put all the .png images into it except the icon.png file (you can only add 1 file at a time so it will take a bit)
6. right click on the SIFS app itself and click add icon
7. use the icon.png file to make the icon
8. For SIFS a bug happens that you have to create a program exactly named "SIFS_PROG_RUN" and leave it.
9. now run the app and it will crach again but now go into the program editor and go into the app's program and press CHECK and it will display "no errors in program" if so next time you run the app it will be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I don't know if it is a bug or if I am doing it wrong :-|... @timwessman !

Thanks for all the help and support I will try a few things but it is getting late :(

EDIT: WHY! no @ work  :banghead:!!

EDIT 2!!!:I think I fixed it but it may be because I formatted it right on the emulator at first but I deleted the app entirely!!! What I did was put all the .png images besides the icon.png onto a folder named "Files" and it should work??? I have a download here, if this works I will post this in the HP Programming help thread ;)

...Plz work...  >:D

Dream of Omnimaga

THat seems like a crapload of work for the user IMHO. If HP decided to do it that way, then I don't know what to say, but to advise everyone against using apps until that is fixed. In fact, I would suggest that SIFS becomes an .hpprgm for now so that it's not too complicated to install for users.

And your new version doesn't work either. Still shows that graph thing in my screenshot. Also I went to edit the program code from the program menu and it says Syntax error at  line 150.

Maybe @timwessman knows what's up. I also made a topic at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4068.html about it

Unicorn

Weeeeeeex! Downloading it tmorow, but is there any screenshots around? :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Nope, because I never could manage to run any posted version D: