Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Not much progress but there was a change in direction

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 24, 2015, 04:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I still think apps should have been made so that you only have to send 1 file to your calc, like TI flash apps. Else, that kinda defeats the point of making it easier for people. At least, program files are 1 single files in most cases.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

? you only have to send one file to the calc just before that you have to unzip it.

Even though it cuts off at the end all you have to do is shown in the video (apparently I don't know how to explain stuff :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjAg6IvTni0
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

That's the problem: We have to unzip the file. HP should make it so zip files can be sent as well. Also, even when we do it right like in your video, sometimes it will still not work (eg some files, such as the icon, will be missing until the 3rd try).

Not only that, but apps exiting prematurely due to lack of RAM without any error message is a much larger issue. With regular programs, it is much less frequent it seems.

What HP should do is get rid of the connectivity kit and allow people to transfer files the same way as you would do on a SD card.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 16, 2015, 09:35:18 PM
That's the problem: We have to unzip the file. HP should make it so zip files can be sent as well. Also, even when we do it right like in your video, sometimes it will still not work (eg some files, such as the icon, will be missing until the 3rd try).

Not only that, but apps exiting prematurely due to lack of RAM without any error message is a much larger issue. With regular programs, it is much less frequent it seems.

What HP should do is get rid of the connectivity kit and allow people to transfer files the same way as you would do on a SD card.
If you are getting your reasoning from MinePrime that was my fault (I did not store any of the GROBs back to 1x1 so that took up all the RAM <_<)

The Icon was also my fault (in one release while I was figuring out the App thing still I put the Icon in the wrong folder xD)

Dream of Omnimaga

I had issues installing most apps, though, even before custom icon support was added. HP just made it much trickier than TI-84+ 8xk files.

alexgt

oh, I see I was on the understanding that they made it quite easy to install apps.

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, for now I have decided to get rid of the sub-forum for this, as this project is nowhere near the top of my priority list and it's useless to keep a sub-forum if there won't be any progress in forever. Sorry for those who were expecting updates soon.