You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Fiscal Kombat

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Gaming publicado por u/Yuki April 08, 2017, 04:35:25 AM
http://fiscalkombat.fr/

For those not following the French elections, that's one of the candidates of the left, Jean-Luc Mélenchon. And he actually got a videogame made for his campaign. That is actually good. Nice.
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/novenary April 08, 2017, 09:13:11 AM
Hahaha, nice one. This guy is getting a lot of memes besides that it seems. But he's a commie so he should burn, ultimately. :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 08, 2017, 02:17:45 PM
If the prime minister is the one the player controls then this would apply to Quebec and Canada government :P
u/gameblabla April 08, 2017, 03:41:54 PM
I looked at the code and it makes me cry ;_;
The political movement is so in favour of libre software, Fiscal Kombat itself is proprietary :/
Or the fact that Melenchon's book was built-in with Adobe DRMs.
For someone who swears vengeance against big corporations, i find this quite contradictory.

If only i could vote for Walrii...

As far the game goes, it is quite simple and also very hard : 1 live, no continues.
My highscore is 26 000 € (or something like that)
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 08, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: gameblabla on April 08, 2017, 03:41:54 PM
The political movement is so in favour of libre software, Fiscal Kombat itself is proprietary :/
This is normal. Governments never hold their promises. :P
u/Yuki April 08, 2017, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: gameblabla on April 08, 2017, 03:41:54 PM
I don't see why that game should be libre, no need to do a Stallman here. The important things to make libre are open data and tools that work with that data, and use existing libre software whenever possible.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Governments never hold their promises. :P
I'd like to see him rewrite the French constitution and start the 6th Republic. :P
u/gameblabla April 08, 2017, 08:35:42 PM
Quote from: Juju on April 08, 2017, 06:58:24 PMI don't see why that game should be libre, no need to do a Stallman here. The important things to make libre are open data and tools that work with that data, and use existing libre software whenever possible.
Speaking of Richard Stallman...

For the ebook with DRM, this is what i was talking about :
http://www.numilog.com/720416/L-avenir-en-commun-Le-programme-de-la-France-insoumise-et-son-candidat-Jean-Luc-Melenchon.ebook
I don't say that he should not use proprietary software but at least he should make some efforts and release his own one as libre.

TLDR; game is cool but everything else is a lie.
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 09, 2017, 02:14:36 PM
The game is not a lie? O.O
u/c4ooo April 09, 2017, 06:28:29 PM
Can i play this in english?
u/gameblabla April 10, 2017, 12:20:07 AM
Quote from: c4ooo on April 09, 2017, 06:28:29 PM
Can i play this in english?
@c4ooo, you can now, thanks to me :
https://gameblabla.nl/fiscal/Fiscal-Kombat.zip
Play it using your web browser. (open index.html)

Disclaimer : The translation is more cliché, Melenchon seems more arrogant, and sometimes it differs from the french version.

I had to download all the assets and data and i noticed that there's some unused dialogue.
For the final version, they made it shorter.

@Juju, can we add the English translated version on codewalrus ?
Just to screw him over :P
Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:23:14 AM by gameblabla
u/Yuki April 10, 2017, 12:24:49 AM
Sure thing. I'll take it down if they don't like it.
u/c4ooo April 10, 2017, 02:31:52 AM
I got 100000 euro :P
The game uses arrow keys for input, which are also the keys to scroll the page up and down  :-\
Start a Discussion

b/Gaming

Discussion about video gaming in general. Walkthroughs can also be posted here. You can also discuss board games in this section.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators