You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

What headphones/earphones do you own?

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Tech, Science & IT publicado por u/Araidia December 16, 2015, 04:24:24 PM
Ditto to the title.
I have a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP2(Over-ear) headphones. The sound is great and the durability is on a whole other level(I feel like it can stop a bullet, but I won't test it). And the price was amazing($130)!
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/aetios December 16, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
I have a couple of earbuds that aren't worth mentioning, then I have a philips headphone and a Razer Kraken Pro.
u/DarkestEx December 16, 2015, 04:46:09 PM
I have some really nice JBL headphones :)
Got them on sale for 30 euro instead of the 50 they cost normally.
u/Adriweb December 16, 2015, 05:35:18 PM
I'm currently using Apple "Earpods" with remote and mic (quite useful), and also have a Sennheiser HD 205 II headset.
u/Unicorn December 16, 2015, 06:57:39 PM
I also currently use apple earpods, and I used to have an ok pair of sony headphones, but they broke. I'm hoping to get a headset though.
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 17, 2015, 08:04:23 AM
Sony MDR-V150 and Apple iPod Touch 4 earbuds.

I miss the early 2000's when $30 headphones didn't cost $300.
u/alexgt December 17, 2015, 02:00:10 PM
Mine broke recently, so I really need to buy another pair
u/Travis January 12, 2016, 12:01:12 PM
Sennheiser HD 439 for the last 3½ years and counting. They've been amazingly durable. The cushions have either minor wear or built-up crud (I can't tell which), but it's almost nothing considering how long I've used them. Before that I went through two or three Bose headphones in barely a couple of years of reasonable treatment, which were as expensive or more, and they were rubbish. It was as if they were purposely designed to fail within a few months (or else incompetently built); they didn't even have strain relief at the plug, which even $5 headphones usually have. So Bose went on my permanent blacklist.
u/novenary January 12, 2016, 12:13:11 PM
I have a Logitech G230 and a Razer Kraken Pro. Both sound acceptable, I prefer the Razer though because it requires less eq correction than the Logitech, it's louder and more comfortable. I actually prefer speakers for listening to music with a few exceptions, I bought the headphones for VoIP as my primary use case, and also to avoid waking the entire household at night.
u/Snektron January 12, 2016, 12:17:19 PM
I have some cheap sony earplugs, which are surprisingly good for the amount they cost. I also have a Sennheiser R-160 for quite some tine which i still like.
u/semiprocoder January 12, 2016, 12:51:56 PM
Currently, I have a pair audiotechnica m50x headphones that I got for my birthday. My old headphones, which I might still be able to find somewhere, were a pair of sennheiser hd 439s(if I remember correctly).
Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:59:25 PM by semiprocoder
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 12, 2016, 06:21:11 PM
Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 12, 2016, 12:13:11 PM
I have a Logitech G230 and a Razer Kraken Pro. Both sound acceptable, I prefer the Razer though because it requires less eq correction than the Logitech, it's louder and more comfortable. I actually prefer speakers for listening to music with a few exceptions, I bought the headphones for VoIP as my primary use case, and also to avoid waking the entire household at night.
Yeah that is why I don't use speakers. I have them plugged in only because my soundcard isn't loud enough for headphones and my speakers, which lets me get even louder sound, have an headphone jack.

@Travis I only ever found two headsets that lasted more than 3 months of regular use, and even then, one has issues when I bend the wire near the plug. It hasn't worsened in a long while, though.
u/gogogoluke January 12, 2016, 08:02:55 PM
I have a set of Sennheiser Urbanite XLs, they are awesome and practically invincible. When the headphones stopped functioning on one side, the support took care of me and replaced them for free, and since then there have been 0 problems. Clear, strong bass, but still balanced, unlike Beats, great mids and highs.
u/alexgt January 12, 2016, 11:26:47 PM
Now I am using a old crapy pair of COBY's that I found lying around <_<
u/calcplays January 12, 2016, 11:43:06 PM
I too use Apple's EarPods. The case that came with them was quite stylish. 

I also use speakers (which are not directly in my ears), but that is probably outside the scope of this thread.
Start a Discussion

b/Tech, Science & IT

Discussion and news about technology and science in general. To showcase your projects and for programming support, check the platform-specific development sections.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators