Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your desktop !

Started by novenary, June 22, 2015, 08:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium

I think its because he is using f.lux.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, right. I had this on my phone a while back. It was handy actually, but if the screen is very bright it doesn't help too much from what I could see.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

I use redshift on my desktop and CM's built in equivalent on my phone. It's pretty effective, and kinda annoying that I can't use it on my tablet because it makes the display so laggy because there's no hardware to back it up unlike on my phone (my phone has color control in the LCD driver). <_<

DarkestEx

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Hayleia

I have to post this, at least to annoy Streetwalrus and his principles :trollface:
Well in fact, I'd agree with insults about OS X :P
But at least compliment me on that wallpaper, it took me a long time to make it :P

novenary

Quote from: Hayleia on September 27, 2015, 02:55:31 PM
I have to post this, at least to annoy Streetwalrus and his principles :trollface:
It would be more annoying if it was windows. :trollface:
Awesome wallpaper though.

Hayleia

For real ? You like OS X better than Windows ? Because I've been using Windows (and Linux, don't worry :P) for years (mostly for games) and I don't have a lot of complaints, apart from the fact it is 99% useless (it's just supposed to run games :P)... But I've been using OS X for less than two days and I already have a lot of complaints :P

And thanks about the wallpaper ^^

novenary

I only like osx because it used to look pretty and it's *NIX and I'd choose *NIX any day over windows. :P And yeah, I sometimes use windows for games too.

Hayleia

Well, it might be *NIX but it's far more advanced than Windows in terms of commercial bullshloop. I mean, just think about the installation of your OS.
To install Windows, boot a CD (or USB stick or whatever) and follow the instructions, which include agreeing to an license, choosing the hard drive maybe, setting up an user account on the PC, and ok, it's done.
To install an easy to use distro (I mean, not Arch :P), same, boot something, follow the instructions and ok, it's done.

To install OS X, follow the instructions, but wait, here, it's asking for your Apple ID. You don't have one. You make one. You give it to your computer. Now it says "this ID has never been used on the App Store". Of course, you're not letting me use OS X so I can't use my ID on the App Store. I go to the App Store on a PC and it says "you can only buy on iOS or OS X". Well ok, I borrow someone's iPhone to get Doodle Jump for free (just to use that Apple ID). Nope, now it says "you never used that Apple ID on iTunes". Well ok, I go to iTunes on a PC and now it says "gimme your card number, even if you don't buy anything, I don't care".
And yeah, once you've done all of this, you can install OS X. I can tell you that wasn't a good first impression for me :P

c4ooo

Quote from: Hayleia on September 27, 2015, 02:55:31 PM
Well in fact, I'd agree with insults about OS X :P
But at least compliment me on that wallpaper, it took me a long time to make it :P
Good walpaper, what program(s) did you make it in?

Why are you using eclipse? Netbeens is so mush better IMHO. :P
* c4ooo runs

novenary

Windows 8 introduced the same bullc by almost forcing you to have an ms account. :P It's not easy to find the option to continue without one, and most people will end up creating yet another email they don't have any use for.

Hayleia

Quote from: c4ooo on September 27, 2015, 03:14:15 PM
Good walpaper, what program(s) did you make it in?

Why are you using eclipse? Netbeens is so mush better IMHO. :P
* c4ooo runs
Thanks ^^
I used Dolphin to take a screenshot on Spear Pillars on Brawl (meh, only game with that map), and on Final Destination for the background clouds, then put all of this together and edited it with Paint.NET :)
And lol, I don't know which one is better between Eclipse and NetBeans but I don't care, I'd be happy with none of both since I don't like Java anyway :P

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 27, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
Windows 8 introduced the same bullshloop by almost forcing you to have an ms account. :P It's not easy to find the option to continue without one, and most people will end up creating yet another email they don't have any use for.
Wut ? I have Windows 8 on two of my computers and I don't remember anything mentionning an MS account. Maybe I found that option you mentionned, but then it means it wasn't so hidden. And even if it was compulsory (which is not the case) at least they don't ask you for your card number on iTunes to activate your ID on the App Store to activate it on your computer -.-

DarkestEx

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 27, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
Windows 8 introduced the same bullshloop by almost forcing you to have an ms account. :P It's not easy to find the option to continue without one, and most people will end up creating yet another email they don't have any use for.
I used to use no MS account on Windows 10, but I decided to login in with my MS account to use Cortana, which does not work...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

novenary

When you first set up windows 8 and up, it asks you to log into your ms account to access the windows store and other things. And apparently cortana too now. I don't care for any of those things (I just want games) so I skipped it but the option to skip logging in is hidden under "I don't have an account" which is the sign up form. Not the most visible thing ever.

Hayleia

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 27, 2015, 03:27:25 PM
When you first set up windows 8 and up, it asks you to log into your ms account to access the windows store and other things. And apparently cortana too now. I don't care for any of those things (I just want games) so I skipped it but the option to skip logging in is hidden under "I don't have an account" which is the sign up form. Not the most visible thing ever.
Ok, well I don't even remember about that step :P
And indeed, I don't care about those things either (that's what I meant by "99% useless"). But same about Apple, I don't need iTunes, the App Store and stuff, so why would I need an Apple ID, and why would I need a credit card associated to it ?