Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

NHL Playoffs (ice hockey) + bracket challenge!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 13, 2015, 05:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Yeah, it was a bit confusing.

But yeah, I ain't gonna lie, the Penguins are one of my favourite teams and they're without any doubt one of the best teams in recent years. Winning more than a cup in a row is probably no longer the same deal as in the 70s, so gg guys. Also Crosby winning his 2nd Conn Smythe in a row, which happened only 3 times in history of the NHL. Coincidentally, last time it was Mario Lemieux in 91-92...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I never liked the Pens much personally. I always found Crosby to be sort of a crybaby >.<. If the Nordiques ever return before he retires I bet one of those days the fans will do like during Eric Lindros' first game at Quebec Colisée with the Flyers and wear baby costumes and throw hundreds of pacifiers on the ice.

I kinda like Nashville mostly because of Subban but since Nashville seems to be essentially a Montreal Canadiens player dumping ground, I like them less whenever they acquire crappy Habs players like the Kostityn brothers a few years ago.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Well, im bummed. Pittsburg is jst too good. They don't deserve to win another cup in a while imo. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I would more like to know exactly where those pictures are from. Are they just from some old 2012-13 expansion realignment ideas that were suggested on HFBoards or was this posted today on some site?

Since the dollar doesn't look like it's gonna go back to parity anytime soon, if TVA absolutely wants to stop losing money on TVA Sports TV channel then they probably need a team of their own as soon as possible, but on the other hand it depends how much money they lose per season.

Plus the NHL might be starting to see the negative effects of the Canadian dollar:
-Less revenue sharing for the Arizona Coyotes, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, New York Islanders, etc
-Considerable decrease in Canadian revenues (including the TV contract, which is paid in CAD$)
-Attendance decline in Canadian arenas because of the increased life costs (since most of our goods are imported from USA and paid in US dollars)

I'll probably believe it when I see it, though (the return of a team here), because I noticed in the last year or so that most article sharing on hockey websites related to relocation rumors are just reposts of old articles from 1-5 years ago or clickbait.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

2 seconds into the expansion draft video on NHL.com I linked in the above post where they explain what's happening with the Vegas Golden Knights. I dunno where they took that map but, as coming directly from the NHL an/or Sportsnet, this is quite weird.

Of course, an expansion isn't quite ruled out yet, but the most plausible and popular theory is a relocation, especially if they want a team for this year.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Apparently it's an old map that Sportsnet took and for whatever reason the NHL put it on their site without removingvQuebec

Dream of Omnimaga

So Las Vegas played their first pre-season game last night. I wonder how well will they do this year.

Yuki

Yeah, I'm really curious about that. They have a Stanley Cup-winning lead goalie from arguably one of the best teams in the NHL and quite a few good players on their roster.

Also, watched that pre-season game, that was ridiculous, tons of goals, power plays and power play goals. I mean, both teams probably scored half of their goals in power play (or in the case of Vancouver, half of them on 5-on-3 plays, literally). Gotta watch this new guy playing for Vegas though, Tyler Wong, he did a hat trick on his first game. Nice.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

So the Arizona Coyotes beat an NHL record: They became the first team to not win a single game at their first 20 attempts in regulation time.

Their first ever regulation win this season came against Montreal :trollface:

Dream of Omnimaga

Winnipeg is on fire this season so far *.*

(They're like 4th overall in the entire league and 2nd or so in their division)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Vegas vent from not even existing to completely on fire.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: Juju on February 27, 2018, 08:51:36 AM

If you are on an ice rink, isn't that bad?
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Yuki

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on February 28, 2018, 10:15:01 PM
Quote from: Juju on February 27, 2018, 08:51:36 AM

If you are on an ice rink, isn't that bad?
I dunno, they're probably defying the laws of physics. Blame Gary Bettman for that, I guess.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN