Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

Here is a nice update on the resource editor!
(it took me about 3 hours)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 13, 2016, 07:16:54 PM
Here is a nice update on the resource editor!
(it took me about 3 hours)
Looks really awesome ;D
I am sure this makes it really easy to work with constants :)

EDIT:
@E37 Sorry but unfortunately there is another thing that would need to be added:
Modules

Basically there is one screen where you have a list of the modules that the calculator supports. You can select up to 16 entries from this list (when selected maybe highlight them).
This is used for the module table. I don't know if it's possible, but each of the selected modules has their own additional commands. Can you add them to a menu based on your selection?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

E37

I will add constants to the table only for the user. All numbers will be in 2b format (NOT a number on the constant table list)
I need to know more about modules to add them.
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 14, 2016, 12:55:17 PM
I will add constants to the table only for the user. All numbers will be in 2b format (NOT a number on the constant table list)
I need to know more about modules to add them.
The constant table is for arrays only. No empty arrays are permitted ;)
There need to be 8 and 16-bit constant arrays (this is essential to Claw as types would otherwise not work).
About immediate arguments (these are the numbers after the commands), these can be either 8 or 16-bit depending on the instruction.
They can't be all 16-bit nor all be 8-bit as this would break the VM.

Modules are basically ways to extend the command set of Claw. There are 16 slots for Modules. Each slot that is used is filled by a string representing the module,
e.g. "STR" for string manipulation, "SCR" for screen manipulation, "GFX" for graphics, etc.
I am not yet sure what all of the strings will be. Maybe you can just display a list of all these modules and allow the user to select up to 16 of these.
They will later be added to the header of the executable.
Depending on what modules are loaded will there be more commands available (e.g. for string manipulation). So there needs to be one menu for the extended instructions.
It would contain a sub-menu for the module name and that one would contain all the commands that are supported.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 15, 2016, 05:56:03 AM
How big is the calculator program so far, by the way?
That's what's worrying me. It is 12000b so far and continuing to grow. Parts may need to be included as an appv. (It will be an app which is limited to 16384b)
I am looking into ways around that. I could make a second app for data... But having an app that didn't do anything is annoying for the user. If it is an appv, that uses ram and limits the max size of the program. I may archive the program and make a pass over it so I can use its ram and unarchive after it is (kind of) compiled.

E37

Update:
I am still working on the project, just haven't had the time recently to make as much progress as I would like.

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 22, 2016, 05:41:32 PM
Update:
I am still working on the project, just haven't had the time recently to make as much progress as I would like.
Nice, that you are still working on it :)

I finished the Assembler and I will now look into the VM again :)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

I guess I'm lagging a little behind.  :P
The base of the IDE is done. (you can create programs and the custom tokens are done, but not much else)
I snazzed up the look a little (in my opinion)
I've attached a download of the executable if anyone wants to see it. It is separate from the resource editor!

What do you think?

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 28, 2016, 07:59:50 PM
I guess I'm lagging a little behind.  :P
The base of the IDE is done. (you can create programs and the custom tokens are done, but not much else)
I snazzed up the look a little (in my opinion)
I've attached a download of the executable if anyone wants to see it. It is separate from the resource editor!

What do you think?
Looks awesome :)
I can't wait to give it a test on my real 84+ ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

I like how it looks like. What is that animated icon thing by the way?

E37

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 29, 2016, 04:31:43 PM
I like how it looks like. What is that animated icon thing by the way?
You mean on the side?
That is a counter. I initially put it in to see if the screen froze, but I liked the look so much that I left it in.
It starts at 0 and counts (in binary) all the way to 65535 before resting to 0. It is completely pointless (I guess it could show framerate)

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. I actually like it too so even if it's just to display data, then maybe you should keep it. Actually I should maybe do that if I ever make another Axe game or if Ice compiler allows doing that. Having parts of the HUD designed this way would look cool.

DarkestEx

@E37, could you please remove the function of most of the keys that are not used, including tan sin cos log ln sto . x-1 x2 X,T,O,n
You might also want to drop the jump list based approach to save memory. Apart from that, the editor is really awsome :thumbsup: