Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Funny/awesome Youtube videos

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 30, 2015, 04:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: JWinslow23 on May 27, 2016, 05:21:00 PM
1. Yeah, I believe this was discovered by accident. It turns out, when the marquee shows up, a timed task is set up for controlling the attract mode, but it only actually gets run a second later. If you get out of attract mode before it catches up, it causes a chain reaction that ends up setting the color of the maze to blue.
Oh, and technically there are TWO bugs here...but it's hard to see without looking frame-by-frame :P . Basically, one of the lights on the left side of the marquee doesn't light up every other frame, due to a wrong color identifier used to light that light up.
2. Yeah, this is the most fun out of all of them, but again, the most precise. It took me way too many tries to record this part without mistakes :P .
3. Well, technically there's sort of a "method", but it involves knowing how to group the ghosts together. Group the red, blue, and pink ghosts together, and lead them up to that corner. If you do it right, BAM, safe spot. And there should be other places, too, actually...
Darn. Those bugs are still hard to trigger IMHO. In NES games I think the only such glitch I ever managed to trigger was the stuck in pipe glitch in SMB3. >.<

Quote from: Juju on May 28, 2016, 07:22:05 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NEdvyrKokX4

That's the most detailed pictures of Pluto we'll get for quite a while and that's pretty awesome.
Woah that's amazing. I wish we had the technology to get those probes to land on planets this far away and take panorama pictures. It would be interesting to see how the planet looks like from the surface.

Quote from: STV on May 29, 2016, 06:36:08 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ymI5Uv5cGU4
That is interesting to see how some kingdoms and countries evolved and even shrank down in size over time. From the map it's almost like they disappeared without intervention from any other country or something, like if some plague happened. That makes me curious and wanting to learn what happened. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 30, 2016, 01:44:17 AM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on May 27, 2016, 05:21:00 PM
1. Yeah, I believe this was discovered by accident. It turns out, when the marquee shows up, a timed task is set up for controlling the attract mode, but it only actually gets run a second later. If you get out of attract mode before it catches up, it causes a chain reaction that ends up setting the color of the maze to blue.
Oh, and technically there are TWO bugs here...but it's hard to see without looking frame-by-frame :P . Basically, one of the lights on the left side of the marquee doesn't light up every other frame, due to a wrong color identifier used to light that light up.
2. Yeah, this is the most fun out of all of them, but again, the most precise. It took me way too many tries to record this part without mistakes :P .
3. Well, technically there's sort of a "method", but it involves knowing how to group the ghosts together. Group the red, blue, and pink ghosts together, and lead them up to that corner. If you do it right, BAM, safe spot. And there should be other places, too, actually...
Darn. Those bugs are still hard to trigger IMHO. In NES games I think the only such glitch I ever managed to trigger was the stuck in pipe glitch in SMB3. >.<
Have you ever made it to 4-1, or any level with Spinies, in the original NES Super Mario Bros? Then you've triggered a glitch without realizing it.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes, many times. :P What is the glitch?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

The Spiny Eggs are thrown by Lakitu in an entirely vertical motion, with no horizontal movement whatsoever. However, this is not the intended effect. Lakitu is supposed to throw the egg relative to the player's speed, Lakitu's speed, the player's position, and a pseudorandom value, as well as bounce off of any walls it hits on the way down. However, the variable containing the horizontal speed is overwritten by another subroutine, and it causes a chain reaction causing the speed to be set to 0 (and direction set to rightwards, as if that matters :P ). You can look here to see exactly the code that causes this bug (obtained from a disassembly of Super Mario Bros).

You can use this patch to see the intended effect.

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 30, 2016, 01:44:17 AM
Quote from: STV on May 29, 2016, 06:36:08 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ymI5Uv5cGU4
That is interesting to see how some kingdoms and countries evolved and even shrank down in size over time. From the map it's almost like they disappeared without intervention from any other country or something, like if some plague happened. That makes me curious and wanting to learn what happened. :P
Yeah, I always liked history, and that's pretty interesting how the world evolved over the last 4000 years, like which peoples came to win each other's land and conquer new ones.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

It's kinda sad though that in 2016, people still starts wars just to conquer land, though. Also I was surprised to see no one in Canada in 1534. I was sure that they already started populating some Quebec areas around those years, although I knew Quebec City was founded in 1608.

It's also scary or interesting to think of how different the world would be if some big wars fought in the past had different outcomes (eg if Nazis had won WW2 O.O)

alexgt

1:18 #WhenYouTryToTrickDynamo xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol, I used to like magic tricks back then. I always wondered how they pulled off some of them.

alexgt

You almost have to believe dynamo is using magic :P his stuff in crazy
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

TheMachine02

That moment when you remember that you shouldn't watch youtube video's .... (well it is in french though. But it is kinda conspirationist video's)

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so since every single Cemetech, CodeWalrus, Omnimaga and other site members who live in United States have guns, I thought I would share this gun safety video :P

Seriously, though, I saw some gun fails videos there and if I was to get a gun or use one for whatever reason I would prefer documenting myself on it first, so I know how to properly set up the safety and know other safety tips >.<

Also when we were kid here we always played with toy guns outdoors. It was fun, but good thing real ones aren't very common here because I know many parents in this neighboorhood used no common sense so if a kid found a real one he would probably have hurt himself badly >.<

JWinslow23

Reminds me of an episode of American Dad about gun safety. Heh.

Also, this, if you want to read it:
[spoiler]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
=
Hey, it's illegal for a commander in chief to take guns! I protest a rifle ban. People in the states, they agree! Let's be great for red, white, and blue![/spoiler]

Dream of Omnimaga