* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Need Help with C# Code and Unity  (Read 305 times)

Offline p2

• CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +8/-0
  • *Wubba lubba dub dub*
    • KaliPhobos
Need Help with C# Code and Unity
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:46:24 am »
I am currently working with Unity to develop Augmented Reality applications for the HoloLens, and as part of a project, I need a way to import .obj files at runtime from an online source.

I chose to use this thingy: https://github.com/cmdr2/unity-remote-obj-loader
but there's no proper documentation or anything similar D:
Can anyone tell me how to get this script running?
I can import it and bind it to an objct and stuff, but how to use it?
I have no idea which comand I use to call it and with which parameters, nor how the object is returned :/
(I should probably mention I am new to C#)

If I can't get it working I would have to use https://github.com/gpvigano/AsImpL/ which would be terribly much work since it's such a huge tool X.x

Edit: btw is there any way to import a .3ds file and convert it to .obj within a C# app...? would be really helpful ^^
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:42:24 am by p2 »

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Offline Unicorn

• ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • CW Contest II - 2nd place
  • Post Rating Ratio: +5/-2
  • make :PICKACHUP: a thing!
    • Unicorn808
    • 114/11432
    • ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Re: Need Help with C# Code and Unity
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:41 am »
ooh... well, i dont know much about unity (ive messed around a bit, but meh) but my friend does. I could get him to help out if you would like ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline p2

• CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +8/-0
  • *Wubba lubba dub dub*
    • KaliPhobos
Re: Need Help with C# Code and Unity
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 08:54:22 am »
well it's been a few days since I started this topic, and today I finally got an alternative for that script running and it seems to work.
But there's still a major problem I'm having since weeks and can't fix  :ninja:
Some help with that would be really apreciated  :thumbsup:

It's this:
I got a phantom cube sized 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f floating at 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f freezing scripts as soon as I look at it, crashing the program if I try to interact with it.
(effectively meaning in an Augmented Reality app that after I start it, I need to walk away a few meters in order to interact with anything, as I'm stuck in the cube, and mustn't look in it's direction...  :P
It seems to be recreated with every update cycle and I cand find it's source as it's not shown in the object hirarchy not created by a script...
Is there any way to remove it?
it appears to be the same bug all of these guys are experiencing: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-6b11-phantom-cube-object-around-0f-0f-0f-doesnt-appear-in-hierarchy-cant-delete-it.460196/
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games