* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Driller kNight  (Read 842 times)

Online xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +93/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Driller kNight
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 04:21:42 pm »
I see why redoing the maps is necessary now. Reminds me how I had to redo parts of Metroid II Evolution 84+ from scratch because major changes were needed and I couldn't figure out what the old code did 
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline E37

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +10/-0
  • I own 2 game consoles, a ti-83 and a ti-84!
    • E37
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 02:10:05 pm »
I couldn't figure out what the old code did 
Sounds like my life. I can never figure out old code. Sometimes I try to optimize things… then I wind up breaking what I didn’t understand in the first place and trying to fix it - which always winds up less optimized than before! Thanks for the support though! It is really nice!
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Offline E37

• Full User
    • E37
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:59 pm »
I am about halfway done creating the new levels. I also made a bunch of tweaks and added a new unit!
I would be happy to post a beta if anyone is interested in testing the game. On a side note, the game's executable code (no data) is reaching 30K
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!

Online xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +93/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 04:19:10 am »
Sounds like my life. I can never figure out old code. Sometimes I try to optimize things… then I wind up breaking what I didn’t understand in the first place and trying to fix it - which always winds up less optimized than before! Thanks for the support though! It is really nice!
I usually just ended up rewriting the entire code lol. Took less time. And this is why when I tried to revive Illusiat 13 after years of hiatus it died again almost immediately :P (the other reason being that I had started to lose interest in programming)
I am about halfway done creating the new levels. I also made a bunch of tweaks and added a new unit!
I would be happy to post a beta if anyone is interested in testing the game. On a side note, the game's executable code (no data) is reaching 30K
Glad to see :D. And darn, that,s a lot of code. Glad you can still work within the limitations, though. I might be ok for a beta but I dunno if I'll have much time to test.
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline E37

• Full User
    • E37
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:01:03 pm »
I usually just ended up rewriting the entire code lol. Took less time. And this is why when I tried to revive Illusiat 13 after years of hiatus it died again almost immediately :P (the other reason being that I had started to lose interest in programming)
Glad to see :D. And darn, that,s a lot of code. Glad you can still work within the limitations, though. I might be ok for a beta but I dunno if I'll have much time to test.
I have three more levels to make. I also added a lot of little things to make it seem like a pc game such as a text box appearing on tiles to tell you what they are when you hold your cursor there for a while. I even added scroll bars for some menus! 4 levels of difficulty has been added - easy, normal, hard, and insane. It is almost hard to die on easy and there are some levels I can't beat on insane. I added 2 more units to bring the total count up to 23 and changed a lot of old ones. You now receive a score when you beat a level. I have further improved all of the ai's to make them seem a lot smarter. (No more fighters walking past their target because it moved) I will post some screenies when I work up the motivation to deal with wabbitemu. The whole game is more balanced now.

Offline E37

• Full User
    • E37
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:50 pm »
I am continuing to work on the game. I added another building and reworked monster spawns to make them make more sense. All levels now slowly increase in difficulty as time goes on. I may add researchable tech, but that will be an afterthought if it gets added at all. You can now press STAT on the unit menu to receive a summary of the unit before you buy it and to know which building is required to access it.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games