* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: A new Casio PRIZM calculator: The fx-CG50  (Read 4860 times)

Offline AmazoNKA

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
Re: A new Casio PRIZM calculator: The fx-CG50
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2017, 05:36:09 am »
Thanks for all the updates and trying. I started and then postponed fixing a few of my addins for fx-cg 50 too. Emulator cost is one problem I'm facing and lack of experience with linux prevents me from being able to restart the demo - in fact on some of the machines where previous fx-cg 20 demo expired I wasn't able to start new fx-cg 50 emulated not even once

Offline critor

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-0
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2017, 07:12:19 am »
You don't really need the new fx-CG50 emulator, as it is not accurate and just seems to emulate the older fx-CG20 hardware/behaviour.
Most addins work on the new emulator although they don't on real hardware.

If you've got something to test, just share it. I'll gladly do it. :)

Offline AmazoNKA

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2017, 11:45:47 am »
Makes sense that it is pretty useless for most add-ins as long as I have old emulator working - i only needed it for a few addins of mine like pokemon+ because it uses native os main menu background which now completely changed between fx-cg20 and new fx-cg50 versions becoming white vs black and so on. The other add-in i relied on black main menu background was my g-plus addin which was putting current time in the status bar of main menu and also launching most built in apps with the time display in the status bar. I made some progress fixxing everything for the new hardware but will have to work more on them to finish.

If compiling of gbl08ma's eigenmath becomes possible on windows i will definitely try and debug it for fx-cg50 - maybe one of the online compiling tools can be tweaked to compile such projects to make further development of gbl08ma's add-ins possible on any pc be it linux or windows - I know nothing about linux and will be greatful if someone makes those addins compilable on Windows please

Offline critor

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 06:58:43 pm »
The fx-CG50 / Graph 90+E does crash with both release and development builds of eigenmath.

It's reproducible :
- no USB connection
- reset eigenmath (delete folder - empty history)
- reset calculator
- run eigenmath
- type (x+1)^2 with the [x²] key
- type (x-1)^3

With the development build, the PC/target values are always the same :

With the release build, the values are slightly different but it still crashes :

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games