Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[VG] Checkers

Started by Jokeriske, December 14, 2016, 04:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokeriske

Hello, Ben_G made a new game, this time its the good old checkers game.

You can check it out right here:  http://velocitygames.be/checkers

Please note this is a multiplayergame.

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to see you making games again. I like how this checker game looks like. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

@Jokeriske the game link is down D: (523 Cloudflare error)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ben_g

Yeah, there probably was a power outage that caused the server go down. The problem would probably be fixed by simply pressing the power button on it, but Jokeriske won't be home till Thursday and the server is at his house.

It should be back online by Thursday evening though.

EDIT: @Jokeriske managed to solve the problem early. The server is back online.

Jokeriske

The website is back up.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wait, this is online multiplayer? O.O Nice. I thought both players had to play on the same PC, with one player using the keyboard at a time.

Are we supposed to be able to play against ourselves from two different browser tabs with the same IP address, though? :trollface: (I guess it's cool tho since this allowed me to try the game before I could find an actual opponent to play with)

ben_g

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 04, 2017, 08:35:10 AM
Are we supposed to be able to play against ourselves from two different browser tabs with the same IP address, though? :trollface: (I guess it's cool tho since this allowed me to try the game before I could find an actual opponent to play with)
I don't see any reason to block that. The IP address generally points to the router, so blocking players with the same ip would also block players on the same network. Being able to play against yourself also doesn't give you any unfair advantage since there is no online ranking or anything.

And perhaps most important: allowing this makes it a lot easier to test this game ;)