Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Dudeman313's Art

Started by Dudeman313, February 16, 2016, 07:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

I usually don't draw a lot, but when I do, it usually has something to do with my favorite cartoon, made by me, named Steve.
I just now tried to put him into Pixel Art on a 32x32 grid. It looks pretty cool to me, but tell me what you think. Later, I'll attach a picture of the original Steve, try to make Steve 24x24, then see what he looks like with :walrii: eyes :P.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I like the style actually. If you made the original cartoon, do you think you would be able to make actual sprites of this dog to adapt it in a game? Also what is the white thing to the right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 16, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
Hm I like the style actually. If you made the original cartoon, do you think you would be able to make actual sprites of this dog to adapt it in a game? Also what is the white thing to the right?
Thanks! I probably could if I wanted; it always depends on how big the sprite needs to be. Maybe Steve could end up in a game like this:

But the one above was my attempt to make him to a blocky style Golden Car-triever(Cartoon Retriever :P). The original's below. I've never actually colored him before.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the drawing :D. Also it would be better to be a new game to avoid copyright problems. Maybe it could be a game where he has to rescue a :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Me too. I'm gonna try to make one that looks more like him later, though my scanned version is actually taller and skinnier as I usually draw him.

As for a game, I'd either want to see him in some sort of platformer saving :walrii: or in an adventure/RPG thing where :walrii: is his faithful sidekick :P .

EDIT: More art! 2 new Steves: 32^2 and 24^2.
Also a 24^2 with a smaller snout. I like him.
The answer is "Sure."

Dudeman313

I don't know if this counts as art, but I wasn't at the forums for awhile because I was making this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4NXo21ZajA&feature=em-upload_owner
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

That looks well-done actually. I assume that it's for a school project? A suggestion I have would be to make the countdown at the beginning so that it's in real time instead of seconds lasting two seconds. Also I like the updated dog sprites above :)

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 25, 2016, 12:05:09 AM
That looks well-done actually. I assume that it's for a school project? A suggestion I have would be to make the countdown at the beginning so that it's in real time instead of seconds lasting two seconds. Also I like the updated dog sprites above :)
Thanks! Yeah, it's for our WWII Vocab project.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's a lot of background noise in the recording, and I said "crashed" near the end when I didn't want to. >.<
I'll put in your suggestion.

And thank you for the complement. :)
I think I'll leave the ones with the shorter snout like that.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I didn't pay much attention to the noise actually :P

Dudeman313

Should I make the first scene seconds in real time, or should I just erase it?
My sister was telling me earlier that she liked the video without it.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I would keep it, but make the seconds in real-time. I actually like it. But again, perhaps it's better for longer videos. It might depend of people's opinions.

Dudeman313

Well, the video's supposed to be 30-60 seconds, and I kind of already went over that without the intro scene, but I'm sure Mr. Schrage won't mind...
The answer is "Sure."

Dudeman313

Here are some more Steve variations:

Scholar Steve, Yawning/Bored Steve, and Cool Steve [Dude].

Eventually, Steve will catch on, and there will be almost as many of him as there are :walrii: s...  >:D
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

We never know lol. Also they look nice. If only you were allowed to program anything, though, you could put it in a 2D platformer. :) (he could probably fit inside an educational game, though)è

One problem, though, is that the sprites don't seem resized properly. Some pixels are larger.

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 02, 2016, 06:25:00 AM
We never know lol. Also they look nice. If only you were allowed to program anything, though, you could put it in a 2D platformer. :) (he could probably fit inside an educational game, though)è

One problem, though, is that the sprites don't seem resized properly. Some pixels are larger.
Thanks. I could, but I permit anyone else to do it, as long as they give me noticeable credit.

The re-size issue is probably because he went from 24^2 to 60^2. I should have re-sized him to 72^2.  :-|
The answer is "Sure."