Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Favorite Games for the TI-84 Plus

Started by SiphonicSugar, November 04, 2015, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiphonicSugar

Hey, what are everyone's favorite games to play on the TI-84 Plus?

They can be any type of game, from RPGs to arcade style games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

alexgt

My favorite game(s) are Portal Prelude, Zombie Shooter (or something), Jumper (doodle jump clone), and a copy of plauge inc. (that I made but was lost in a RAM clear even before CW was a thing :( )
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Turiq

Tag and Portal Prelude. Physics platformers are life <3
  • Calculators owned: 84+SE, Nspire Cas, Nspire CX, Prizm
*blinks*

novenary

Quote from: Turiq on November 04, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
Physics platformers are life <3
I'll have to agree right here. Portal isn't one of my favorite PC games for nothing. :3

Ivoah

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 04, 2015, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: Turiq on November 04, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
Physics platformers are life <3
I'll have to agree right here. Portal isn't one of my favorite PC games for nothing. :3

I second that. Portal Prelude is the best game for the 84+ period. Tag was also fun, but there are better games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

SiphonicSugar

• Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

alexgt

Well, for the HP Prime I would go with Minesweeper, it is the only game I actually play on my Prime besides my games for testing :P. For the Nspire I would go with Pixel Escape, I got really good at it (highscore was ~8000). That is all of my calcs :)

Hayleia

I also loved Phoenix back then. I wasted hours playing this in math class in high school :P

novenary

Quote from: Hayleia on November 17, 2015, 07:37:23 AM
I also loved Phoenix back then. I wasted hours playing this in math class in high school :P
Who didn't waste hours on their calculators in math classes. 9_9 I think my personal favorite is ztetris.

Dream of Omnimaga

Seriously it is very hard to tell what are my favorite games, because they varied over the years, with the new releases and eventually getting bored from some. But among the ones I tried, my favorites were the following:

Ion/Mirage era:
Galaxian, Lotus Turbo Challenge, zDoom, Gemini 3D, Joltima, Dying Eyes, Desolate, GlassCars, Acelgoyobis, Invalid Tangram DE, Contra 83, FF:TOM2, Phantasy Star Eternity End, Zelda: The Hero of Hyrule, Phoenix, Breakout, Phantoom Star, Final Fantasy v1.198, Bomberman (Travis Fischer version), Bubble Bobble, Alien Breed series, Pac Man, and despite the many bugs, The Verdante Forest.

Axe/DCS7 era:
I would say most games that participated to the 2010/11 Omnimaga contests, some from Cemetech and later contests, Shift, Pyoro, Geometry Wars, Benumbered, The Impossible Game, Space Dash, Cube Runner, Simul, Exodus, Serenity Demo, Devrays,  My First Quantum Transcolator, Pokemon Topaz, Jetpack 8x, Space Station Pheta, Swords 2, Fruit Ninja, Graviter, Portal Prelude, Alien Breed 5, Super Crate Box, Maxwell's Demon, zMegaman, Chambers RL, Pokemon Topaz, Midnight, IkarugaX, Flappy Bird (Hayleia/JWinslow23 respective versions), Reuben Quest Axe/ASM remakes (I might be biased, tho :P). Seriously, though, there are so many that it's impossible to mention, and I won't mention my games even if some people might like them since I might be biased, but the above are examples.
Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 17, 2015, 09:24:35 AM
Quote from: Hayleia on November 17, 2015, 07:37:23 AM
Who didn't waste hours on their calculators in math classes. 9_9 I think my personal favorite is ztetris.
The difference between some people is that while most people spent hours playing calc games in classes, others spent those hours coding instead. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I haven't really played much games on my calc, but i like Axagon :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

I just code in all my free time at school not really playing games :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on November 17, 2015, 10:01:44 PM
I haven't really played much games on my calc, but i like Axagon :)
Yeah same, until a few years ago. I mostly spent my time coding. Most of the games I play are played on emulators. However, on color calcs I played them on calc for quite a long while.

Also, playing TI-84+CSE games with WabbitEmu window maxed out == win. It's just like on 8 and 16 bits consoles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Just remembered :P on the Nspire when the first 3.9 downgrade to 3.6 came out I got ndless and put tons of games on it, so I played Pokemon Red, Doom, and other emulated games for the entire last school year :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I had forgotten that it was possible to downgrade from 3.9 to 3.6 actually. I thought that all you could do is upgrade to 3.9.1 then install Ndless 3.9. And yeah I remember playing games on emulator as well. That said, this topic is more for brand new calculator games, though (eg games made by community members)