Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hobbies/ where are your calcs?

Started by alexgt, March 25, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

This is just random but do any of you have different hobbies outside of calculator programming or stuff to do with computers?

I participate in riding my ripstik and archery

Also where do you keep your calculators?!
I ask because I keep my Ti-84 in my pocket from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed lol :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

I mostly do gaming and programming :) sometimes i play with some electronics or build some awesome lego robot with my little bother. And i only have a ti 84+
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

I meant where do you store your calcs :). Yeah that is cool though I want to get into robotics in high school!

Snektron

Ooh, mostly in my bag or on my desk :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on March 25, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
different hobbies outside of calculator programming

I didn't know that existed... O.O

Just kidding, I mostly created music and used to sell it for a while (I still do some songs but not as many as before) and I occasionally play retro games. I also built a somewhat large video game collection over the last decade or so. Also, every now and then, I attend metal and punk music concerts, ice hockey events and hang out with friends, often to play games and party. Otherwise I am often on Youtube listening to weird songs, VGM and visit some random sports websites.

The calcs I use the least are stored behind my computer monitor. The rest are easily reachable and visible to my left.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

lol. sounds like me everyday :) (kind of with out the music)

Yuki

My hobbies includes social network browsing, website making, reading documentation and hacking whatever comes to my hands. Programming is pretty fun xD Oh, also hanging out with friends when I can, it's always fun.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

princetonlion.tibd

I play trumpet and chess, and swim.  And reading "Why Software Sucks" occasionally.

My 83+ and V200 are on my "storage" desk for electronics, and my CSE is in my backpack.

or stuff to do with computers
So Codehunt doesn't count then :P

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'm trying to struggle with starting with electronics, befor I got my wires, I did not even know how a breadboard worked...
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

If more people decide to do some electronics stuff we could maybe have a topic for electronics help too :)

And yeah i too like to do something with my friends once in a while, though school keeps us busy enough most
of the time (i have 2 presentations today and 1 paper, and a paper tomorrow <_<)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I I need help, I'll open a topic for that. Don't worry, I'm old enough to know what to do! :p

I should draw how I should plug my components to not forget them.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 26, 2015, 09:54:43 AM
If more people decide to do some electronics stuff we could maybe have a topic for electronics help too :)

And yeah i too like to do something with my friends once in a while, though school keeps us busy enough most
of the time (i have 2 presentations today and 1 paper, and a paper tomorrow <_<)
That's what the hardware section is for :). I was debating about adding gaming and general, unspecific programming discussion in it so that the off-topic section isn't cluttered, but the hardware section was intended to be about creation like the 5 other sections there, so I'm unsure yet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 26, 2015, 09:54:43 AM
^Right! <_<

Hooloowalrus

I am on an FRC team, which takes up most of my time. I keep my calcs in my basement, except for about 4 which are in some combination of my jacket pockets and my backpack.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83, TI-83+ purple, TI-83+SE, TI-83+.fr USB, TI-84+ SE, TI-84 pocket.fr, Commodore PR-100, 4xTI-73, a couple TI-82s, TI-XXXXXXXXXXX, [blank] (nspire prototype), Nspire CAS+, Nspire Clickpad non-CAS, Nspire CX, HP Prime (lost in space), HP 50G, TI-92+

Dream of Omnimaga

You bring 4 calcs at school? O.O Over here the max I brought there was 2 and even then I tried to make sure as few people as possible know in case it gives incentives for attacking me to rob them from me or something.