Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New TI-84+CE Games

Started by Dudeman313, February 14, 2016, 10:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 16, 2016, 03:22:42 AM
Then play them outside of math class :P
I always end up forgetting I have them.  :P
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dudeman313

If you keep your calculator in your pocket and take it everywhere like I do, you won't forget. Or maybe it's just me, because I can only game on my cord-dependent laptop, my Nokia E63 that has a terrible battery life(that I'm posting this from), and my fancy-lookin' TI-84+ CE. And the fact that it's a device allowed in school in the  first  place that makes me use it for games during studyhalls frequently, though some teachers have banned the suspicious use of graphing calculators, which is a long story that I'll wait until I'm at my laptop to type.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

critor

I've understood the CircleIT freezing bug.

I've spent a couple of hours patching the asm code, injecting a workaround to replace the problematic code.

The modified version now hosted on TI-Planet doesn't freeze your calculator anymore :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=436568

Enjoy ! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

What did cause the crash in particular? I'm glad this was fixed, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

Something related to the highscore.
Which is why the bug didn't happen if you did exit the game without playing at all.

Unicorn

Quote from: critor on February 17, 2016, 07:05:03 PM
I've understood the CircleIT freezing bug.

I've spent a couple of hours patching the asm code, injecting a workaround to replace the problematic code.

The modified version now hosted on TI-Planet doesn't freeze your calculator anymore :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=436568

Enjoy ! :)

Great! did you tell the author though? I bet they'd appreciate it.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lionel Debroux

KingInfinity has recently behaved in an extremely unpleasant way towards critor (and a generally immature way elsewhere), despite critor spending time to review and feature KingInfinity's programs, so I wouldn't bet :)
critor did spend time fixing the program despite KingInfinity's behaviour, though.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

critor

But I didn't fix it for him - I've fixed it for the users. :)
A "RAM clear" can be quite unpleasant.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: critor on February 17, 2016, 07:36:33 PM
Something related to the highscore.
Which is why the bug didn't happen if you did exit the game without playing at all.
Ah I see, I thought it was because of the USB. In 2013, most AssemblyBandit's games for the CSE froze when you plugged or unplugged the USB cable during gameplay, which he fixed later, so I thought that the CircleIT bug was related to something similar. I also heard rumors a year ago about how the CSE lacked any detection of low battery when an ASM program is running, so the battery could drop below its safe energy level then if it died in the middle of the game, then the calculator was bricked. I don't know if the latter is true, though, but since those calculators have such low technical specs compared to smartphones and the Nspire CX, I always worried that there were fewer safety checks being done so that it won't slow program execution down. Anyway, I'm glad the bug is fixed.
Quote from: Lionel Debroux on February 17, 2016, 08:11:09 PM
KingInfinity has recently behaved in an extremely unpleasant way towards critor (and a generally immature way elsewhere), despite critor spending time to review and feature KingInfinity's programs, so I wouldn't bet :)
critor did spend time fixing the program despite KingInfinity's behaviour, though.
Yeah, I heard about that and saw a few tidbits in a TI-Planet topic (which is no longer reachable) and in SAX, and some people brought it up to me a few days ago. However, I think what didn't help KnightInfinity's case are the Passcode Lock incident, the TI-Planet IP ban and the false remarks in October and December towards CodeWalrus, all of which came from Cemetech members or staff. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but since all those incidents happened under 5 months, many people believed that a group of Cemetech users, including the authors of the two aforementioned programs, were trying to fuel site wars just for the sake of it. This is why people are so defensive, now.

On top of that, KnightInfinity license for his newer games is considered invalid by many because it contains a clause saying that the author can act at his own discretion. And what happened the last time somebody used such rule has the initials C and W.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

Maybe the fixed CircleIT download link should be added to the 1st post, to avoid readers from freezing their calculators ?

The original version is released under the MIT license, so there are no problems modifying it. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Dudeman313

Thanks. I just finished my HW and saw it was corrected about 5 minutes ago.
Thank you, @critor , for fixing it. Now I can frustrate myself without having to worry about data loss! :P
The answer is "Sure."

Dudeman313

Do you have CEmu? 'Cause if you do, you might be able to help me, because for some strange reason, it doesn't work on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop of Amazingly Awesome Power that's also Cord-Dependent :P.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I have the feeling that Windows 10 compatibility is broken right now, but I could be wrong. Hopefully Mateo or Adriweb can help you find the issue.

Did you try in compatibility mode, if that's available on Windows 10?